smoltzie

Searching for fuse location

Searching for location of tranny shift fuse. Have 2004 Damon ultra sport. Called freightliner and they say by or near starting/house batteries but not there. Lights out on shift panel, still reading in gear so RV won’t start. Help!!

Smoltzi,

You are asking a question with minimal info on which to base an answer, coach identity yes, no transmission type, no engine type, class A,B,C, pusher or other. Answering it could be someone throwing darts with their eyes closed. Only one here that likes that is Wildbill. The more info the better. But taking a guess based upon "Freightliner" . If equipped with an Allison 3 or 4 thousand, there are two fuses inside the shift module. They are 5 amp and the module is located in my coach, not the same as yours, directly under the shift panel. Black box, 10 screws retaining the cover and only one of them relates to the lighting of the panel. If shift panel lights are out easily be the fuse but if it is out gear selection light should be out too. So how do you know it is in gear?  More than likely not.  Check the fuse, when you get there, with a volt ohm meter, do not just ck by looking unless it is obvious, Just Ask Me How I Know! It cost me $100 bucks and two  days to learn this lesson. Last question what were you doing preceding the failure, I was working in the battery bay cleaning and reinstalling cables and wires.  Have fun enjoy the "experience".

OK, thanks for the response. Info as follows: Class A, diesel pusher, 3126 CAT, 3000 Allison Trans. Coach is 2004 but engine etc mfg in ‘03. Drove 100 miles with no problems. Shifting fine & all lights operational. Stopped pushed in N & put air brake on. Came out to put in reverse and had none. Drive only, and no lights on trans display. Only light on is red led on mode button ? Indicating in economy mode.  then mayb biggest mistake I made was to shut the engine. Now won’t start. I am figuring it didn’t go into N and stayed in drive. Looked under trans display box with no fuses found.

Disconnect did not work and found the trans fuses. They are good. Wanting to put power to trans wires in harness connected to trans shift display with push buttons for  D/N etc. anyone know if safe to test with 12 v power?

Have you checked the "Instrument Solenoid" and the "Ignition Solenoids"? If one is not working it could be your power problem.

Just a wild A++ guess. I would be like giving chicken soup to a dead man, "It may not help but it can't hurt":rolleyes:

Herman

On 9/20/2020 at 8:30 AM, smoltzie said:

Searching for location of tranny shift fuse. Have 2004 Damon ultra sport. Called freightliner and they say by or near starting/house batteries but not there. Lights out on shift panel, still reading in gear so RV won’t start. Help!!

After reading your post. The transmission needs to be in neutral to enable the neutral safety switch.

You might read through this link SAME problem and the fix.

Good luck Rich.