hybev1

1988 Rockwood 360 Class A Help I need info...

Hello...we bought this 36 ft. class A new in 1988.  it has a GM 454 cubic inch gas engine and about 33,000 miles on it.  It is parked mostly so unfortunately it needs service every time it is activated. Here's my dilemma. The unit was parked at our business awaiting repairs when it was broken into and vandalized. Five windows were smashed out. The insurance covered the repairs and most were replaced with the exception of the driver's side door. The glass company informed me the driver window replacement glass is no longer available. It is a power window so I need it to work for obvious reasons. Can anyone suggest where I can find the correct glass for this door? Also I was asked what size gas tank is in this Rockwood? Sadly I don't remember. Where can I find this information as Rockwood is long gone since 1992. Any help would be appreciated.

Bev Palmer

hybev1@aol.com

Bev, Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry to hear your coach was vandalized. Your best bet would to call some RV Salvage Yards. Here are two of the largest.

Colaw's RV Salvage in Carthage, MO. 877-548-2125 or colawrvsalvage.com

Visone RV Salvage in East Bernstadt, KY 606-843-9889 or visonerv.com

Good Luck,

Herman

13 hours ago, hybev1 said:

The glass company informed me the driver window replacement glass is no longer available. It is a power window so I need it to work for obvious reasons.

Sad to hear about the vandalism. I would be looking at/for a different glass company. I don't see any big problem in getting a piece of tempered glass and cutting it to the right dimensions. Even if they have to make it and then have it tempered. I would be geting the insurance co to help you find one to fix your problem. 

Bill

That's what I thought. Still not that big of a deal to do.  They could make it out of acrylic or plexiglas. I would think the acrylic would work better as it doesn't scratch as easily. 

Bill