Sign in to follow this  
markletheridge

Low Air Pressure Alarm

I have a 2008 Fleetwood Discovery, Freightliner chasis. I have battled a low (secondary) air pressure alarm since I bought the coach. Freightliner has replaced the lightbar and looked at it a number of times and it just happens again. This occurs only after the coach is warmed up for a while. Intermittent. Gauge will go to zero, alarm sounds, and will go back up to normal, over and over. Now the gauge and alarm will go to zero and stay there longer, but go right back up, and then back. I have read a number or posts including a wiring harness, cold solder issue and sending unit issue. At this point I want to attack this myself to solve the issue. I guess I should start with the sending unit but do not know where it is.

Any ideas or insight would be helpful?

I had the exact same issue with my 2008 Fleetwood. Freightliner sent me a new wiring harness that I installed and never had another issue. Call the 24/7 help desk and explain your problem. It was a none issue during those years. Good luck.   

I caught mine in my 2008 with Freightliner chassis before it started doing that. That year they had a problem with the neck of the gauge where the air line hooks up.  They replaced the gauge and I never had another problem. After stopping and shutting down the engine my wife with her ability to hear an fly "toot" on top of a flag pole said she heard a hissing sound. It was slight but it was there. Investigation found the line around the gauge leaking.  Reach up and slightly move that line around the gauge area and see if you hear air escaping.

As Jim pointed out, could be the wiring harness. Make sure the harness is seated in all positions. If they are not seated, when you push them in there will be a "click" of the holding springs.