Sign in to follow this  
bodenhamer

2003 Beaver Monterey Slides Stuck Open

We have the RVA leveling system which is currently busted. The motor started smoking during retraction and the only option I had was to cut power to it. I was able to manually retract the jacks. Well, it turns out that that pump works the slides too. I need to get the two main slides closed. The owners manual is of no help. Anybody have an idea on how to do get this done?  If not, I'll call BCS tomorrow AM. 

B,   Yes, if it is on a Magnum Chassis. Problem is whether Magnum or what Ever Monaco began using after the merger.  On the magnum chassis and HVA JII  the front slide only was hydraulic and the bedroom was electric. By your indications both slides are hydraulic?" On the front slide on my SMC Panther behind the front left wheel is the Wrench end of the drive gear shaft that guides tha rolls the slide in and out via the hyd ram located in the center. In order to roll the slide back in with a long handled rachet one must first loosen the hydraulic lines at the ram, probably the easiest. It can also be done over at the pump and manifold area and maybe best there. They must be tightened back up to operate the system once the pump is fixed. Once loosened when the shaft is rotated the hydraulic pressure in the lines will dribble out and offer no resistance to you closing the slide manually with a LONG HANDELED RACHET>.  You need leverage and patience. Lastly the slide is not going to stay where you put it since there is no hydraulic pressure. You need some, a pair of larger ratchet straps to hold it in tight.   Which hoses do you remove or loosen at the pump you probably ask. Where ever the pump and MANIFOLDs  are...there are two manifolds one with the T handles you found to retract the jacks, the other is close by is also aluminum but only two valves no T handles. you will have to determine which are the long hoses to the slide. Not difficult the other hoses are short and easily determined.  As for the rear slide if hydraulic maybe similar, Manifold may be 4 instead of 2. In either case look for the longer hoses going in either direction. 

Fortunately it appears that it's just the relay.  I ordered one from RVA and it should be here tomorrow.  I really appreciate help.  I'll post an update when it's for sure.