dons2346

Surgery

Great Hosp.  All my med needs are at Baylor S&W in Marble Falls!  :)

Good to hear from my brotheren again, as Roland said, take it easy!

Edited by manholt

Herman my surgeon  visited my room after I got out of ICU after my quad and gave me his advice; "I fixed the plumbing, the rest is up to you". That's why I commented on doing rehab like your life depends on it.  Welcome to the zipper club!

I am doing great according to everyone. I am walking 10 minutes or more three time a day. Hope to soon move up to 15. I am told that my goal should be 20 minutes three times a day. Hope to be there by the time I see the Doctor on the 19th. If all goes well i should begin Heart Health Therapy soon after that. I think that will do as much as anything towards recovery.

Thanks again to all. I have felt each thought and prayer.

Herman 

Welcome to the zipper club...glad to hear you are doing well.   It is very important to do the exercises and especially the rehab.   But do not cease walking after the rehab is over.  I did a one mile marathon 90 days out of surgery and a 5 mile marathon 15 months out of surgery.   Of course I finished last in my class but I finished.  When the going gets tough the tough get going.   Keep a  positive attitude and trust in God to see you through your ordeal.

Yes I am. It seem like a long time but it is just taking time to build up my strength. I haven't started Heart Health Therapy yet and I am sure that when I start I will see vast improvement then.

Thanks,  

Herman