wtbuck12

Coated Aluminum wheel maintenance [oxidation)

I have coated aluminum wheels on my 06 Charleston and the manual says not to use abrasive cleaners. Recently I noticed an accumulation of white oxidation around some of the lug nuts. My question is how to remove it and prevent it from returning? Any feedback appreciated.

That white powder is oxidation where the coating is gone, just as you said. One solution requires removing the wheels from the RV and using Aluminum Jelly to remove the oxidation. Next is smoothing the rim surface and applying a clear coat type finish or whatever was used on your rims.

One reason for this condition can be inadequately torqued lug nuts which allow the rim to move under them. The other is simply old age and road debris destroying the coating.

I have not tried any removal methods yet, was hoping for some feedback before doing more harm than good. I would agree with the old age cause, the wheels are 14 years old, and the problem is not on every lug.  I will take some pics tomorrow. 

Has anyone ever tried SharkhiDe spray, someone else suggested that as a coating after removal of the oxidation. 

Try a Google search for "recoating aluminum wheels"

I just tried and found all sorts of responses from DIY and YouTube videos to repair shops listed.  I'm sure you'll find a fix you'll want to try.