kiki27

Space heaters

Does anyone have experience with a space heater that works to heat entire 27 foot RV?  I purchased a Lasko model 755320 and it will not even adequately heat the small living room space of my Coachhouse 272XL.  I am looking for an electrical but if suggestions on any other kind would also appreciate it.  Thanks.

I bought one of those parabolic radiant heaters at Harbor Freight last year and it does a great job at 400/900 watts  plus l found a 250 watt electrical one l put on the counter in the back bedroom from Walmart both are quiet. Good luck 

1 hour ago, kiki27 said:

Does anyone have experience with a space heater that works to heat entire 27 foot RV?  I purchased a Lasko model 755320 and it will not even adequately heat the small living room space of my Coachhouse 272XL.  I am looking for an electrical but if suggestions on any other kind would also appreciate it.  Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. How cold is it outside? That heater on hi should do a fairly good job. Do you have it on the "Hi" setting? Fan on? Do you have enough power available?

A 1500 w output is about the max you can get out of a  space heater. 

Something I have done is to run a separate heavy duty extension cord from the power pedestal. Especially if you  want to run a second heater. Run one on the extension and the outher through the RV power cord.

Let us know what you find out.

Bill

My coach is totally heated by three 1500-w heaters when we're plugged into the pedestal. They were originally installed in 1974 by Custom Coach, but the motors were finally starting to make noise. I replaced them this fall with three of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PS9NY6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you have an appropriate place to mount and wire a couple of these, it would be a great way to heat with electric. They don't look like much, but they put out a great deal of heat right on the floor where you want it. They can be setup to run on 750w up to 1500w in 250w increments.

Edited by richard5933

17 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

I use one of these along with a couple ceramic heaters in my 40 ft. coach, not the brand shown but an infrared like this one, have been in 15 degree outside and remain pretty comfortable inside. Comfort Deluxe with Copper PTC Infrared Zone Heater by AirNmore

We have one of those in the house, DW uses it mostly in her office. Works fantastic! 

golfclub, what make, model, RV do you have?

I just run Oasis on diesel in any weather to 20 degrees...gets colder than that, we head further South!  2 days ago, we where in Chiefland, FL and 29, we are now in Kaplan, LA at 51.

The problem with running any space heater is you will need to run one in the basement to keep the water/pipes from freezing. The outher big problem is you only have so much capacity on any circuit in your RV. I don't care if it is a 50 amp service the outlet circuit is 15 amp at the most. So be carful how much load you put on any circuit. 

I found one work around on my last coach. I could unplug the microwave and use that outlet for a heater. 

Bill