timfulp

Battery cut off switch in the coach

My battery cutoff switch inside the coach keeps tripping, my batteries are at full capacity, I found out that I might need to replace the solenoid, can you tell me how I can bypass the solenoid without doing any harm or do I just need to replace it.

timfulp.  Welcome to the Forum!

What make/model coach do you have?

Are you on shore power in a RV Park or at home and what amperage is the CB?

I don't understand, "battery cutoff switch inside coach keeps tripping?"  A cut off switch is manual on/off...are you talking about a Circuit Breaker?

I have a 2005 holiday rambler endeavor,  The cutoff switch I'm referring to is known as the salesman switch, it's at the door. It trips going down the road or when I'm hooked up to shore power.

1 hour ago, timfulp said:

New Rocker switch 

I agree, a manual switch cannot be activated by electrical interference, it's either failing or someone is causing it to move. They are found on Amazon.

I had a 06 HR previously and the rocker is just momentary that kicks on a constant duty solenoid   I believe it's back by the batteries but the best way to find out is have someone work the switch on and off until you find it.   Then try replacing that solenoid.  It also can be in compartment below drivers window outside. 

It sounds like the solenoid in the electrical compartment is over heating and releasing. Since these are notorious for problems I start there.

When you find the solenoid to replace, make sure it is replaced with a constant duty at least, or greater than same amperage as the current one, oversizing a solenoid will not hurt anything, that is what circuit breaker/fuses are for. And as Carl said, a bad ground, loose wire, or a wire with a break inside the coating can and will cause the same circumstances.

Edited by kaypsmith