jleamont

Duo Therm Thermostat

On 12/22/2020 at 7:01 PM, shyde555 said:

I wonder if the thermostat might be my problem. Furnace blows but won't fire. Just blow's cool air. 

Did you ever get it fixed? Your question got lost in another persons replies.

On 5/20/2022 at 6:22 PM, wildebill308 said:

Have you pulled the cover off the thermostat and looked to see if there is a small 12v fuse in there or one near it providing 12V power to it.

Bill

No fuses in thermostat or near. Only in the AC units on roof, 3amp fuses and they are good.

About the only thing I know how to do now is start trouble shooting back from the thermostat to find out where the power is interrupted.

Bill

Sounds like a cable, the one between the main AC unit and the thermostat. Our coach the bedroom is the main unit and the front is the host. 
it’s simply a phone cord with the connections reversed.

I replaced ours a few years ago, it chafed on the back of the electrical panel. All I had to do was cut it in half, flip the cable over and splice it back together, of course I completed that after I pulled it through the maze of tunnels.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:14 PM, rayin said:

Nope. Thinking it is the phone cable but it is wired backwards to what normal phone cabling is so I've got to get connectors reversed to try a new cable.

On 6/6/2022 at 5:03 PM, Wecamp4fun said:

Nope. Thinking it is the phone cable but it is wired backwards to what normal phone cabling is so I've got to get connectors reversed to try a new cable.

Na, simply cut it a few inches from one end, peel back the outer jacket, flip it over and re splice back together. I.e. don’t match the colors. It was just that simple. All you need are solderless crimp connectors. They are low voltage, no risk of electrical shock. 
that’s a simple and cheap test to rule out the cable in the wall.

I plugged directly into the connection in the rear AC unit and laid the thermostat on the bed to make sure it was correct. 
Some manufacturers reverse the connections in the female to female adapter in the AC unit so the core is a standard phone cord, not so with Monaco. You could check the colors at each end fairly easily by looking at the plugs, lay the locking tab up and see what the color order is.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:14 PM, rayin said:

Nope. Took it to Premier RV in Junction City and they found the control board and cable connection to be corroded. Old thermostat works but went ahead and replaced it with the Easy_Start RV one that I had already purchased.

Now I have a spare thermostat.