Sign in to follow this  
sheltiebrat

Assist program applies to who?

I am curious, it does seem it matters who the main person on the membership is?  I recently did the paperwork to sign up but my husband (Who hates paperwork) should probably be the one to be better covered under the emergency assistance etc.

He drives the toad 10 times more than I do and I never drive the motor home.

Were thinking about signing up for the roadside assistance also,  but again, because I'm the primary member then I would be primary on the roadside assistance I think.

"Are my additional vehicles, spouse, and dependents eligible for coverage?

Yes, your tow car and additional vehicles are covered. Owner, spouse or spousal equivalent, and any children under the age of 25 years old living at home also have their vehicles covered. Only roadside assistance benefits apply to the household."

I make a terrible secretary, this stuff gives me a headache I understand what he doesn't like doing paperwork now

Edited by sheltiebrat

Welcome to the Forum.

Assist cover the person or persons listed under the F #. It doesn't mater who is listed first. When your search a F# what you will find is the parties associated with the number will be in alpha order.

Hope this helps, and again Welcome.

Herman

While it is best to download and read the whole FMCAssist policy in member benefits, I think the FMCA membership is limited to two persons. Additional coverage for dependents is stated in the policy. You do not have to be in your RV, but you must be 75 miles from home. Full timers are always 75 miles from home. Keep in mind this insurance is worldwide except for return of vehicles. It does not matter who is listed first on the FMCA membership, but both need to be listed. If multiple people own the RV, I think the 1/3 ownership condition applies. But each third would have to have separate membership number. Or 1/2 ownership would require two membership numbers.  

Edited by rossboyer

We are new to FMCA, our package came in today.  I only see my name on the membership.  My wife may take our RV out without me, how do I make sure she is added and covered?

Check your membership record on line or call FMCA Membership Department . We use to say for a member to check the label on Family RVing magazine to verify both names are on record, but that is no longer true. My last magazine didn’t have my wife’s name on the label, so I called. Both are listed on our membership record. Therefore, both of us have FMCAssist coverage.