mikefults

Auxiliary Fuel Tank for Diesel Trucks

Does anyone have a good solution to add an auxiliary in-bed diesel fuel tank that is connected to the main tank?  I've read about Titan; are there any other solutions with in-cab transfer capability?  Thanks in advance, Mike

Mike, welcome to the Forum!

Back in 2007 I got a 80 gallon diesel tank installed in my truck bed, with direct feed and used my main tank as my reserve...simple, but not cheap, I had an extra fuel gauge installed in cab and a rocker switch.  I called 3 after market stores, before I found one that had experience with that set up!  2007 Silverado 4 x 4, Duramax 2500! They also put a Ranch guard bumper on so I could tow it.

Get a locking gas cap!

I had a 70 gallon Transfer Flow tank replace my OEM tank on an 07 Duramax dually.  All the inside gauges worked normally.  It gave me enough fuel to run two normal days without stopping for fuel...and did not lose any bed space.  The best of both worlds.

We drove to Chico, CA and had a Transfer Flow auxiliary tank installed at their facility.  They did an absolutely exceptional job!  They ship to multiple installation companies throughout the US, though.  

We have a 2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 with a "canister-type" locking slide cover.  The Transfer Flow 37 gallon tank fits PERFECTLY and works exceptionally well.  It gives us 73 gallons of fuel capacity.  Could not be happier !!

6 hours ago, Gregcass said:

We drove to Chico, CA and had a Transfer Flow auxiliary tank installed at their facility.  They did an absolutely exceptional job!  They ship to multiple installation companies throughout the US, though.  

We have a 2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 with a "canister-type" locking slide cover.  The Transfer Flow 37 gallon tank fits PERFECTLY and works exceptionally well.  It gives us 73 gallons of fuel capacity.  Could not be happier !!

Welcome to the FMCA Forums! Merry Christmas and happy holidays

Gregcass, Welcome to the FMCA Forums! Merry Christmas and happy New Year!!!

Just curious, I remember seeing that they make larger capacity under the bed type of tanks. Wouldn't that be better than one in the bed? 

Bill

Edited by jleamont

Bill, your right.  A friend did that on his 2007 Silverado 2500, 60+ gal. &  a 80 in bed.  I had the same truck...we got a good deal on 2 of them!  Now he has a 3500 with a 80 in bed (got a bigger 5'er)!