seynel8228

Turn signal and maker shorted

Good morning.  Any body with a spartan. TS 2001 or similar. My rear turn signal is out. My right side marker  lamp won't blink also. New bulbs. Any idea where is the fuse box ? If there is any for the rear lights? Thanks

I am also troubleshooting rear light issues on my 99 Dutch Star Pusher on a Spartan chassis. I have multiple elec gremlins happening no brake/tail lights, reverse lights blink when blinkers are supposed but I do have working clearance lights across the top  I replaced ignition switch, and then coach wouldn't start until I shifted to (rev). and then back to (N) I have rear light fuses panels in the bay next to the battery storage compartment on passenger side. The fuses are mounted next the inverter and the batt kill switch  

To both of the  posts on this thread. There is indeed an added fuse / relay box added to some of the Model year chassis wiring circuits. Frequent after 1999 model year and added in later year coach builders. It helps the forum members when the Model year and chassis coach year information is posted with issues related to this issue.

The catch 22 is the coach builders install the box in question where space is available. The right rear curbside location is quite common, however the box can be located in a rear bay on the drivers side. Some coach builders then cover the fuse /relay box . This makes them difficult to find.  

Like a treasure hunt. A call to the couch builder is often the best source of information, but not always ! Many companies have limited staffing because of Covid .

Safe travels and Happy Holidays !

Rich.

I suspect you both have a Spartan MM GT chassis. The trouble is this has nothing to do with what the MH coach builder does with lighting wiring. The best option is to do as Rich said and contact the coach builder.

FWIW over 80% of all 12V issues are the result of a poor/missing ground. Finding the problem area is a tedious chore IMO. Perhaps the easiest way to determine if a poor/missing ground is the problem is to buy a spool of 16 ga. automotive wire and run a temporary ground wire directly from a problem light to battery negative post. If the light then works properly  you have identified the problem. Next is the tedious part.