rayin

Just passing along information. New RV resort opening Dec. 28, 2020

I have no interest in either PPA or this new RV resort. PPA just announced this in an email:

There has been many discussions this year about the shortage of RV parks,, and sites. This new 1,000 site resort might help relieve the shortage in Florida.

https://resortatcanopyoaks.com/?CID=mvbrief_passport  is an FMCA member RV resort.

That email also announced Hackberry RV park in Cliifton, TX joined PPA.

Edited by rayin

11 hours ago, rayin said:

I have no interest in either PPA or this new RV resort. PPA just announced this in an email:

There has been many discussions this year about the shortage of RV parks,, and sites. This new 1,000 site resort might help relieve the shortage in Florida.

https://resortatcanopyoaks.com/?CID=mvbrief_passport  is an FMCA member RV resort.

That email also announced Hackberry RV park in Cliifton, TX joined PPA.

I have no interest in PPA but I do like the resort, its location leaves a bit to be desired, its not close to anything of interest. Looking through the photos one looked familiar. They used a photo from a Campground in Delaware :ph34r:. And that photo is actual, we stayed in that exact site in Delaware!

Delaware;

image.thumb.png.cc206a4fc30feada8b008184cb9dff23.png

Florida;

image.thumb.png.3e5b9544a9fd838985321558bd46bd5c.png

Think I would pass on this place.  Cancellation policy and rules for leaving early are not good.  Otherwise rules seem good.

No rates listed, so probably high.

Ken

What I have noticed in FL and TX, States and Canadian Providences want to park together!  That leaves a lot of voids in other RV Resorts and Parks! :P

Jim, yes indeed he is!  Not the first time we have gotten the wrong information....We will be on 30 amp and going in as a group with AIM and NIRV!  Lots of fun, food, HH and  a dinner at the Cowboy Restaurant.  Social tents from NIRV, Newmar, Tiffin, Entegra, REV, Freightliner at Rally ground. :) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner is covered.

Herman, one day cancellation (the 12th), does not equal the whole Show!  :P

Edited by manholt

It's not the first time for not having all the facts.

FRVTA BOARD DECIDES TO CANCEL INDUSTRY DAY AT SUPERSHOW 5 PUBLIC DAYS STILL A GO! The Florida RV Trade Association (FRVTA) Board of Directors voted to cancel Industry Day at the 2021 Florida RV SuperShow scheduled for next month. The 5 public days of the show will still take place Wednesday, January 13th through Sunday, January 17th at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa. “We’ve had a number of exhibitors request extra time to set up,” said FRVTA Show Director Lesa Colvin. “Plus the extra day will give us more time to get ready for the 5 pubic days. We will be instituting a lot of new measures to make sure the show is a clean and safe environment for the public as well as our exhibitors”. Holding the show with COVID-19 prompted some changes for this year’s show. Temperature checks will be done on all exhibitors and attendees. Masks will be required inside the buildings and RVs (Hillsborough County Mandate). Sanitizer and wash stations will be located throughout the show. Social distancing will be enforced and both supplier buildings and RVs will be sanitized nightly and cleaned on a regular basis during the show. Dave Kelly, FRVTA Executive Director said it was a tough decision to cancel Industry Day but the Board did what they thought was the right thing. “I hope everyone can understand this is not a typical year, we are concentrating all of our efforts into holding the most successful public show we can. Any extra time we can have to make sure we are ready to welcome the public is appreciated this year”. For more information on the 2021 Florida RV SuperShow, contact the Florida RV Trade Association at 10510 Gibsonton Drive, Riverview, Florida 33578, call (813) 741-0488 or visit our website at www.frvta.org.

Herman