miniedmo

My home away from home

Same to you Jleamont, did you install the watts system on yours? Mine really drove terrible until installed the front and rear watts with the crossbars.

1 hour ago, miniedmo said:

Same to you Jleamont, did you install the watts system on yours? Mine really drove terrible until installed the front and rear watts with the crossbars.

No, the only thing I put on was a Safe T Steer just in case for tire blowouts when my DW would be driving, funny we bought this coach 5/22/2014 and she has yet to drive it beyond moving it around the driveway :lol:. While both are Imperials we have different chassis, We do not have the Roadmaster RR8S and no handling issues or concerns. 

The roadmaster handles well now after a few additional add-ons. We only carry the golf cart when camping local and we put it on a trailer. I have looked at the golf cart haulers but I think it might create handling issues with the extra weight on the rear end. Do you guys have any experience with using a golf cart hauler without a tag axle?

A gas cart comes in at 647 lbs curb weight, so it's doable...electric cart around 1,00 lbs curb weight, would not recommend it.  You could opt for a cricket golf cart and carry it in your toad...we got one on order and will carry it in bed of a Jeep Gladiator, weight 305 lbs.

Edited by manholt

Bill, if you have a PU, then it works!  A cricket will fold down and fit in most SUV's, Jeeps and even in coach bay.  

We have been looking at the new bronco but may consider a truck just for the fact of being able to haul the golf cart in the bed.

Bill, there is a big difference between a regular golf cart and a mini cricket...700+ lbs, one folds down and the other does not, the cricket will fit in back of a CVR.

Eddie, that was our choice problem also...we wanted a cart to take with us, but we also enjoy going off the beaten path in the mountains, desert.  We have 2 full size golf carts, one here at the ranch and one at the camp in South Texas....normally I tow a Jeep 2 door or a Expedition, I did not want to tow the 1992 beat up ranch truck...So, I bought a Cricket (goggle it) and a Jeep Gladiator about 3 weeks ago!  Best of both worlds is what we figured.  The cart will fit in my King Aire bay, Expedition or bed of Gladiator! :)

I have found  other Brands, Kangacruz and Quickie!  The only reason  we got Cricket, they have a proven track record and most parts and after market, we can get from any golf cart store! :P

I think we are leaning more toward a pickup truck and the full size cart. The full size fits the wide bodies (me) more easily and chose the 72 volt cart for when we are camping in the mountains, it climbs hills like you are on flat ground. I does weight out at around 1200 pounds though like you had mentioned. I would like to look at this carrier (http://www.cruiserlift.com/id77

This seems like it would help support more of the weight so as not to have all of it on the rear end.