breezy2

Continental Tire Program FAILURE

The Continental Tire Buying Program was a huge membership benefit failure. Followed the exact procedure on the FMCA site, was recommended to specific tire shops with no success and finally was recommended to the "Continental Rep" who never returned our call. Heard this works really well for Michelin Tires but Continental failed big time!  FMCA needs to readdress this business relationship before touting it as a benefit. 

breezy2,

Did you contact anyone at FMCA before you declared the program a failure. Did you stop and think it may have been on your end. My advise would be to contact Membership Services at FMCA and tell them exactly what happened and give them a chance to ratify the situation. The number is  (513)474-3622 and ask for Membership Services.

Herman

Thanks, Herman. Will follow-up with FMCA and relay our experience to them. We contacted every dealer FMCA recommended through their tire buying process to no avail including the Continental Rep who was non-responsive. We totally agree FMCA membership services should be made aware of our experience. It's unfortunate but appears to be a Continental thing. Other local FMCA members/aquaintences have had much more success buying Michelin Tires. 

breezy2.  I don't know anyone who have had any problems with Continental, Hankok, Michelin or BFG on our member fleet service.  Maybe Herman has, but I doubt it.

What I personally have found, and so have others, is that I could get tires cheaper by not using the FMCA Fleet price, because of a special price inhouse!  Happened in NJ, June 2019 at a large truck tire facility.  I got 8 BFG 315/80 for $5,616 Total.  That included the Fed disposal fee, ballance, front end alignment and all corner weight...In TX it would have been over $9,000!  They asked me if I wanted to use their price or FMCA Fleet. DOT was 5/19.

IMHO, Michelin is overpriced and I have never gotten over 5 years before sidewall cracking!

Wish you luck!

I'll echo Five's comment about FMCA program for Hankook tires pricing and Southern Tire Mart (Katy, TX location) for their service.  Continental and Michelin tires with the FMCA discount were considerably higher price than the FMCA discounted Hankook tires which are great for a motorhome owner like me who travels 3,000-5,000 miles per year.