TimRoberts

best outdoor Bluetooth speakers?

Any recs for the best Bluetooth speakers? Seeing a lot of good stuff in JBL flip series and Sonos. Let me know what do you guys suggest?

Thanks

I'm not up on  all bluetooth speakers, but any advice depends upon your intended use. For example do you need waterproof, indoor, outdoor, personal surround sound, etc????

2 hours ago, rayin said:

I'm not up on  all bluetooth speakers, but any advice depends upon your intended use. For example do you need waterproof, indoor, outdoor, personal surround sound, etc????

With speakers a key question is always "how much do you want to spend?"  For sitting outside listening to Pandora after dinner, we're quite pleased with a ~$60 Bluetooth speaker set that we bought from Amazon.  We think the sound is pretty good, but if you're the kind who likes to buy JBL or similar stuff they probably won't meet your standards.

Edited by docj

JBL offers one of the best Bluetooth outdoor speaker for the money IMHO. 

We like this one in particular. Good volume, great sound. JBL Xtreme 2 Portable Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Speaker.

81kAa5OtH9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by ianbullock

Ian, good to hear from you again!  

How much for that speaker?   We got Bose, inside and out, came with coach!  As you will note, the American Tradition has been replaced by a Newmar King Aire! :)

Edited by manholt

Hi Carl, I think they're just over $200 on Amazon. Yeah, Bose are good brand speakers too. Hope you are enjoying your new coach. 

I wanted something with more versatility so I went with the Bose Soundlink Micro. Not cheap at $99 for one. I bought two, but I think they were on sale.  What is nice about them is the ability to separate the speakers to any distance you want. Think outside TV and picnic table behind you, i front, or two side tables. Also there are 2 modes. Stand alone or "party" mode, and Stereo mode.  In party mode each speaker is independent and is monophonic. Nice for patios or other venues of partying.   Or, put them in stereo mode and have full separation.  I use them with the iPhone, iPod, computer and other varying blue tooth devices. 

On the funny side, I'm hard of hearing  (Earlene calls it selective hearing) and if I don't want to put my hearing aids in when I'm sitting here at the computer and to lazy to get up to get them, I'll turn the Soundlink on to sterio mode and put them on my shoulders.  Hey, works for me!!

Edited by wayne77590

I use a Bose Sound Dock, great sound from one speaker cabinet, about 4 X 6 X 2. Battery charge last 6 to  8 hours, nearly everyone in the park asks to turn it up a little more so they can hear the game without their sound being on.

Edited by kaypsmith