rayin

California RV parks and CG's ordered closed

Makes no sense! If you live in a city or apartment, every time you go somewhere you’re passing people. a campground is a better option to physically distance. 

We find the Gov's orders frustrating , confusing & annoying. He has lumped the 5 southern CA counties from San Luis Obispo all the way down  the coast together. This latest order is based on dropping below ICU occupancy threshold of 15%. Here in SLO, they show a total of 53 ICU beds in the county & the County is reporting one covid patient in ICU. What this means is that the campgrounds in the Pismo Beach areas are being closed simply because there are less than 15% available occupancy in the LA & San Diego!

Gov Newsom appears to have divided the counties in such a way as to justify shutting down essentially the entire state. I think that this is more about preventing us from enjoying the coming Christmas & New Year's holidays in a semi-normal way. We saw similar shutdowns for the Memorial Day & 4th of July holidays. I believe that we are mature enough to take the necessary precautions without the Gov dictating so harshly!

Or maybe, just maybe, it's got something to do with the nearly 280,000+ dead in the US. And maybe a desire to keep the number from skyrocketing further? 

Edited by richard5933

10 hours ago, bradrm said:

We find the Gov's orders frustrating , confusing & annoying. He has lumped the 5 southern CA counties from San Luis Obispo all the way down  the coast together. This latest order is based on dropping below ICU occupancy threshold of 15%. Here in SLO, they show a total of 53 ICU beds in the county & the County is reporting one covid patient in ICU. What this means is that the campgrounds in the Pismo Beach areas are being closed simply because there are less than 15% available occupancy in the LA & San Diego!

Gov Newsom appears to have divided the counties in such a way as to justify shutting down essentially the entire state. I think that this is more about preventing us from enjoying the coming Christmas & New Year's holidays in a semi-normal way. We saw similar shutdowns for the Memorial Day & 4th of July holidays. I believe that we are mature enough to take the necessary precautions without the Gov dictating so harshly!

You direct attention to an important point; hospital bed occupancy percentage. If a hospital has more than one wing and the combined occupancy percentage falls below a certain point the hospital will close one wing to fill the other. This is logical from a financial and staffing perspective.

Brings to mind an old saying; "figures don't lie but liars figure". Joe and I agree, being in as RV park is safer than a town apartment.