Sign in to follow this  
rossboyer

DirecTV Volume

We are having trouble with the volume of DirecTV fluctuating. We don’t have the problem with local over the air broadcasts. I have very high quality cables from my receiver to the tv. I do not have any problem with the DVD player either. 

What type cables from receiver to tv? How long are they Ross? Also, what model receiver?

Edited by kaypsmith

Ross, have you unplugged and plug the cables a number of times? If so, sometimes they will loosen and lose connectivity or cause problems.  Next time it happens see if applying a little pressure on the cable connection in any direction clears it up. Also check the back of the TV. Otherwise, you may have a bad receiver.

It may be a couple of days before I can check cables again. I can’t replace receiver. My dish requires a RJ11 data cable connection from receiver. DirecTV doesn’t have any of those anymore. If it comes down to replacing the receiver, I would have to replace the dome, too. At that point I would just drop DirecTV. I have been playing around with ROKU free streaming. Not sure that I want to cut DirecTV loose just yet, but I am about there. 

Do you get HD with the dome?  In my heyday DirecTV could not provide HD to any Dome antenna and that is what I went with Dish. Never regretted it.  I have the Hopper 3 at the house and if I want to I can record 16 channels at one time.  In the MH I have the Wally, only record 2, but I got all the HD in the previous with a Dome and now with the Traveler it's a piece of cake.

Just an Update. 

i have removed DirecTV. Installed a RoKu Premium which is a sound bar and RoKu interface to/from TV via HDMI. $99.  Much better sound. Does require internet. Total monthly cost is less than DirecTV  including internet, PBS, and Netflix. We have Amazon Prime, so no additional charge. 

We won't be going back to DirecTV.