jcagpn

HWH 625 series looses hydraulic pressure on one side

I installed the HWH 625 fully automatic leveling jacks on my Tioga 32' 10 years ago and other than having multiple returns with a defective front cylinder, I have had no functional issues with the jacks.  

Recently, I have noticed that after leveling the rig, the rig becomes off level towards the passenger side.  This happens within 4-6 hours and progressively gets worse over the next 12 hours.  It looses about 1/4" of height per 24 hour period and requires a readjustment usually daily.

There are no leaks in any of the hoses, connections, cylinders or control system as I have inspected it closly.

I suspect it is some check valve or other valve assembly at the control system but don't know how to trouble shoot so I can identify the part(s) and replace them.

Would appreciate some conversation with anyone willing to share their experiences in this area and maybe part numbers for part replacement if possible.

Thank you in advance and stay safe.

John

John, Welcome to the Forum.

It is hard to get through to HWH but I would give them a call. If you get to one of the tech they can be a lot of help. 

563-724-3396 

And again Welcome.

Herman

John, welcome to the forum. Something you could try is to run your jacks through a full up/down cykle about 5 or 6 times and see if that helps. Could be a sticky valve.

Bill

John.  Welcome to the Forum & Merry Christmas to you and yours! 🎅

If you have gone thru the "leak in system test" with soapy water, then I would go with Bill's idea...Also call HWH, they can best tell you where valves are located.  Don't forget to clean your legs when fully extended, then  again do as Bill indicated.:)

The HWH FAQ page is a wealth of information. The header links connect you to the service manuals for all systems. Stewarts RV is an authorized HWH service center, they are usually quicker to respond to customer questions.

My guess is a leaking solenoid valve if you are sure the oil has not been allowed to drop below the add mark on the reservoir dipstick, with  jacks up and slides retracted. If air is allowed into the system the best way to remove it is to top off the reservoir to full mark, operate all jacks and slides; repeat until you no longer need to add oil  to the reservoir.

(insure all 4 manual retract Tee valves are seated snugly)

Edited by rayin