Dennis Heider

Buying a 2021 Class A with a 2017 chassis

We are purchasing a new, 2021 Class A diesel motorhome. Our insurance agent noted from our VIN that the chassis is a 2017. It seems to me that we are not getting a complete 2021 new motorhome. What is normal in this regard? I could see perhaps one year older chassis due to the timing of the buildout, but not 4 years old chassis. What should I be concerned about? I think this devalues the motorhome and I’ll have to disclose it when I sell it.

Welcome to the forum. Unless you are getting a SUPER deal, I would RUN, not walk away from this deal. The value of such a coach IHMO will be drastically reduced just by driving it home.

What brand of motor home are we talking about? Which chassis?

I know that some manufacturers use the same chassis for multiple years and will often have some left over from one year to the next. But, I've never heard of one that was 4 years old.

The only time I have seen that much of a gap was when emissions were being introduced into Diesel motorhomes. Many manufactures over bought non-emissions chassis to give them time to adapt to the new heat insulation and space constraints that were around the corner. 

On 1/13/2021 at 1:24 PM, Dennis Heider said:

We are purchasing a new, 2021 Class A diesel motorhome. Our insurance agent noted from our VIN that the chassis is a 2017. It seems to me that we are not getting a complete 2021 new motorhome.

Well I would like the OP to give us some more information. The date of manufacture is on the Chassis information tag. It must be in the coach. I have a 2007 Spartan chassis under a 2008 DP. This is the tag that gives you all your weight specks.

I would trust this number over something your insurance agent dug up. Op show us a picture of your weight tag.

Bill

2 minutes ago, Theawillson said:

The lone time I have seen that a very remarkable hole was when outflows were being brought into Diesel RVs. Numerous produces over purchased non-emanations undercarriage to give them an opportunity to adjust to the new warmth protection and space requirements that were around the bend.

Say WHAT???!

Herman

On 1/13/2021 at 1:24 PM, Dennis Heider said:

We are purchasing a new, 2021 Class A diesel motorhome. Our insurance agent noted from our VIN that the chassis is a 2017. It seems to me that we are not getting a complete 2021 new motorhome

What Class A diesel? What chassis? show me a picture of your data tags.

I bet the OP found out the insurance person didn't know ****.

Bill

On 1/29/2021 at 5:32 AM, Theawillson said:

The lone time I have seen that a very remarkable hole was when outflows were being brought into Diesel RVs. Numerous produces over purchased non-emanations undercarriage to give them an opportunity to adjust to the new warmth protection and space requirements that were around the bend.

Someone got some bad weed. Just sayin’

6 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

1N73LLIG3NCE 15 7H3 4BIL17Y 70 4D4P7 70 CH4NG3

Yes but the post must be intelligible to start with. That is simple.

21 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

1N73LLIG3NCE 15 7H3 4BIL17Y 70 4D4P7 70 CH4NG3

This looks like the ID 10 T error code found on a lot of computer monitors, sometimes referred to as the loose nut at the end of the keyboard.🥵