Dennis Heider

Buying a 2021 Class A with a 2017 chassis

7 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

conexxelectrical, when you type in bold type it mean you are shouting.

Herman

I disagree. All capitals, yes; but bold is the way for those of us that use small screens to be able  to easily read text. I just wish that my default text was larger and bold. 

conexxelectrical, recheck the numbers and make sure they are all correct. If not, try again. Seems extremely strange that there would be a 4 year difference in chassis. That would mean it sat on the lot for a very long time before the house was built on it.

2 hours ago, conexxelectrical said:

We are purchasing a new, 2021 Class A diesel motorhome. Our insurance agent noted from our VIN that the chassis is a 2017. It seems to me that we are not getting a complete 2021 new motorhome. What is normal in this regard? I could see perhaps one year older chassis due to the timing of the buildout, but not 4 years old chassis.

I think it is absolutely amazing you have the same problem as the OP=Dennis Heider and able to state itso well.

We are purchasing a new, 2021 Class A diesel motorhome. Our insurance agent noted from our VIN that the chassis is a 2017. It seems to me that we are not getting a complete 2021 new motorhome. What is normal in this regard? I could see perhaps one year older chassis due to the timing of the buildout, but not 4 years old chassis. What should I be concerned about? I think this devalues the motorhome and I’ll have to disclose it when I sell it.

Bill

Well it’s been three weeks since the op posted the question. No further replies. So either it’s a troll or op got his answer elsewhere and just doesn’t feel like replying.

The Most Exciting Motorhomes for 2021  Beginning with the chassis, each motorhome manufacturer selects a particular setup  is custom-designed for each Class A diesel floorplan,” offering what REV refers to as a plus a wardrobe with sliding doors at the rear; buyers can opt to add a washer/dryer.

Edited by pogiroheat

Herman, how did I get involved? :wacko:

Ross, I do agree with you!  I have the same problem on my iPhone!

Bill, I think their both the same person and their are a few others also!  FMCA computer system was breached, so its very possible that we have Trolls!

pogiroheat.   HUH?????

There have been some rather cryptic posts recently from a few new accounts. In some ways some posts sound like they were machine generated, but it's really hard to know nowadays.

Edited by richard5933

These use a cutaway chassis, combining a van cab front with an RV shell that typically includes an over-the-cab sleeping area. Class C can be the most affordable all-in-one models.

Edited by tantsteven