gem4skis

Are Suppliers holding back on Tiffin orders?

I wonder if Suppliers are holding back on Tiffin orders, perhaps due to complications in Tiffin payments under new ownership.  Or are multiple parts shortages due simply to heavy RV demand pushing manufacturers to juggle parts allocations to new production versus responsible warranty coverage.

In our case we await a replacement blower fan (plastic squirrel cage type) for a heat pump.  We understood that Tiffin's order was placed 7-Jan-2021, and FedEx had a shipping "label created" in PM of 8-Jan, with estimated ship date as 11-Jan.  Yet at 8 PM MST on 13-Jan, there are no updates to the shipping info.

The situation is frustrating.  Are other RV owners suffering mysterious delays on parts replacements?

Welcome to the FMCA discussion forums!

All parts suppliers were forced to close for approx. 4-5 months due to the pandemic. This created a huge backlog in orders. Now suppliers, who are still forced into reduced production by worker protections. are hard-pressed to fulfill those orders and gain any ground because of the continual, and increased inflow of new orders.

I was recently at the Entegra factory and first it was refrigerators now it's furniture on back order.   I'm waiting for a rear axle to be made.  

I can't speak directly to Tiffin specifically, but I've encountered many situations like this over the past months. The label was probably created as soon as the order arrived at the supplier's front office as some clerk processed it. They it had to be sent to the warehouse to have the part picked, packed, and shipped.

Over last summer I drove a semi doing pick-ups and deliveries to many suppliers like this - right in the middle of the first round of chaos from covid-19. Everything took longer than normal every step of the way, and many of the warehouses had altered their system drastically to provide for social distancing and other safety issues.

I'd give it a few more days, and if the tracking hasn't progressed contact Tiffin and have them follow up on the order. They should be able to send a message to the supplier to try and give the order a jump start.

We have been waiting for a GE Microwave/Convection Speed cook ($2,400) since May 2020! :(

Ray, a new rear axle on a new rig, what happened?

2 hours ago, manholt said:

GE Microwave/Convection Speed cook

What is the part number/model number? Have you tried the local sources or is this a warranty type issue. 

Bill