C-925172

Can anyone recommend a nice campground near around Indianapolis, IN? Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum.

I stayed for 10 day at the Indianapolis State Fairground after the last FMCA Convention due to my wife being in the hospital. Not a bad place to park' and the rate then was $30.00/night.

Herman

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

Welcome to the Forum.

I stayed for 10 day at the Indianapolis State Fairground after the last FMCA Convention due to my wife being in the hospital. Not a bad place to park' and the rate then was $30.00/night.

Herman

The only problem with Indiana State Fairgrounds is the neighborhood isn’t the best. There has been a lot of theft. 

If you like a fairground, the Tipton County 4-H fairground just south of downtown Tipton is very nice. I know they have a large number of 50 & 30 amp sites. I don’t think they have any full hookups, but they have a dump station. There is water available at some of the sites. Some of the sites are gravel and others on grass. Don’t be concerned about the grass sites. They are on the machinery field that has been hard packed by large farm equipment for more than 30 years. We have had 72 RVs for a chapter rally there and did not use all the sites. I don’t have the phone number, but search for Tipton County Agent’s office in the court house. 

Easy route from Indianapolis is US-31 north to  Indiana Hwy28 east into Tipton to Indiana Hwy19 south about a mile. The fairgrounds is on the right. Enter at 2nd gate. 

Edited by rossboyer