rmstockley

New Floor

Having decided not to travel this summer, it was time for an upgrade for our 2007 Damen Tuscany.   The new flooring is 1/2 inch engineered hardwood with a plywood base, glued in place.

Floor Completed.jpg

Old_Floor.JPG

Cockpit.jpg

Entry.jpg

45 minutes ago, wtbuck12 said:

Looks awesome! Got me thinking. 🙄

I don't know if you know this but if you don't feel like doing it yourself erniee is one of if not the best flooring guy in the country.;)

Bill 

I wish l could find a good person like Erniee out in San Diego area to do flooring, one company said all 4 slides need to come out, some don't call back, one came out and never called back with a bid, crazy ???  I know it's a lot of labor to do these, I'm ok with doing the tear out of old carpet and leaving the existing ceramic tile which looks fine. Any suggestions greatly appreciated 

If some company says the slides need to be removed they are stealing you blind.

I have clients coming to me from Canada as soon as the border is open.

what coach do you have. I wish folks would update their signature so we can make more intelligent comments.

Thank you all! 

I do want to thank Erniee for sharing his knowledge and being an inspiration for the rest of us.

I spent a LOT of time, on the floor, trying to figure out how to get the tile out from under the kitchen cabinets, and came up with nothing, short of removing the cabinets and fridge, or removing the slide.  Since the tile was in good shape, it stayed.  

If there is a way, I'd love to hear it!

Edited by rmstockley

You don't ever want to remove a slide out, unless insurance is paying!   On my last coach, I had everything taken out, to replace the flooring under the rug, it was particle board that had rotted out, due to the fridge not having a drain pan! 16 foot slide...$3,600 in Labor alone!  Bean counters figure that you will never see, what's under the rug or  tile, since the average coach owner trades for a new one, every 4.3 years.

Yes, Ernie is the best and he is now, training his son!  1,300 miles from SD, Ca!  

That's very neat looking, sir! We'll be working on uncle's newly acquired 2008 Damon Tuscany after the tires from 4Wheelonline got installed. Bet he'll like the idea of nice floor like that.

I am in the northeast, the greater Philadelphia area and also looking for an Ernie.  Both my mother in her 2002 Monaco and my husband and I in our 2007 Dynamax need our floors replaced, as well as the sofa in the Monaco.  Anyone in this area have a suggestion?  We have a Camping World nearby but I have never heard great feedback on their service.

41 minutes ago, f027177d said:

I am in the northeast, the greater Philadelphia area and also looking for an Ernie

We must be neighbors. I do not know of anyone around this area that does that type of work, let alone with that level of quality. 

LOL.  Yea, we are stopping in FL with my mother later this month on her way back up north just to get a sliding glass window repaired.  I am thinking that we should leave her RV down there to have the repairs done.

6 hours ago, f027177d said:

LOL.  Yea, we are stopping in FL with my mother later this month on her way back up north just to get a sliding glass window repaired.  I am thinking that we should leave her RV down there to have the repairs done.

I would take it to Texas. 

Bill

On 1/18/2021 at 5:14 PM, rmstockley said:

The new flooring is 1/2 inch engineered hardwood with a plywood base, glued in place.

From what Information I have gathered Glued in place is best.  I have read of some sad stories about floating floors in homes with wheels. 

Did the plywood base get screwed down or glued down?    

Edited by kev
punctuation

I like the luxury and warmth of wood.  Did you do the work?   Most flooring professionals will not work in motorhomes because there is too much precision work.  Fooring guys want big open rooms with little or no custom cuts.  

On a other note it appears you have a tall top step.  Is that 10 inches?  Mine was an 8" and then a 10.5.  I changed to 3 steps with about 6' rise.  Did your rise/run change with the flooring upgrade? 

Entry.jpg