robh

Hurricane System

In researching heating systems I came across a European system that has heated towel racks and baseboard radiators for their Rv system. Has anyone added a baseboard radiator to their Hurricane system? Seems like it might be a solution for our cold spot in dining area. 

I have not, but if its European, it probably runs on a 220 Volt outlet, not 110V.  I had that system in my bathrooms, 40 years ago, in Norway and Spain!

15 hours ago, robh said:

Has anyone added a baseboard radiator to their Hurricane system? Seems like it might be a solution for our cold spot in dining area. 

I have never seen a Hurricane system? Is it like an Oasis system?

Bill

40 minutes ago, wildebill308 said:

I have never seen a Hurricane system? Is it like an Oasis system?

The Hurricane was the predecessor to the Oasis and both are made by ITR in Vancouver WA.   Ours has two zones and, as delivered, didn't have an electric backup.  We had a Comfort Hot electric system installed by Jim Rixen in Sandy OR so our functionality is now roughly the same as an Oasis.

16 hours ago, robh said:

In researching heating systems I came across a European system that has heated towel racks and baseboard radiators for their Rv system. Has anyone added a baseboard radiator to their Hurricane system? Seems like it might be a solution for our cold spot in dining area. 

Although I haven't heard of anyone doing this, I know that Rixen Enterprises in Sandy OR had been installing a German-made hydronic heating system.  Jim Rixen is pretty knowledgeable about these systems and might know the answer to your question.

You could look at    Hydronic Kickspace Heater      that is nice and small to add to that space and 120v

Carl, I think the Hurricane system is hydronic (water) that uses diesel like Oasis. If this is true, the baseboard radiator will work well if plumbed in correctly.

1 hour ago, bm02tj said:

You could look at    Hydronic Kickspace Heater      that is nice and small to add to that space and 120v

Thanks, I learn about new toys all the time.

Bill

3 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

hubabrajpoot9,

Please stick to the Topic. "Hurricane System" is a heating system for RVs. not toys.

Herman Mullins

FMCA Forum Monitor

Just block him and or delete, anouther troll. 

Bill