oldgrape

TOYO Tires Question

Howdy all,

I have read many threads about many of you changing over to TOYO tires for your RVs. It seems as if most if not all of you who have are pleased with the tires. I am getting ready to swap out all 6 of my Michelins. I mentioned to a RV/Truck tire shop that I wanted to go with TOYOs. They told me they don't like to put them on RVs because they tend to cause the RV to "wander" and strongly recommend Michelins or Hankooks. Have any of you who changed over to TOYOs experienced this "wander" problem? 

Back in 2006, I bought a new 2007 WB Tour 40KD and it had TOYO's, ran just like any other brand to me!  I did put on Safe-T-Steer, as I always did on none IFS!  

Usually the wandering comes from over inflation. Tire dealers are notorious for inflating tires to their max PSI. There’s a good chance they caused their own problems.

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

There’s a good chance they caused their own problems

I think all of the big tire shops do this. It is for "liability reasons". When I had some tires moved around they did it to me at a good store and that is what they said. They also loaned me a tire gage and said we are done now you can set your tire preshure to what ever you want.

Oldgrape, I have been running Toyo's for the last year and had no problems. 

Bill

Thanks for the responses. The shop I've been talking to primarily deals in Michelin & Hankook. They don't carry Toyos but they can get them. I sort of figured they were just trying to push me towards what they carry. Have not found very many comments about Hankooks. I do agree with many comments about Michelins being overpriced.  I have several maintenance items to do on my coach when I get back stateside. That extra $1200 or so can be used on other items. :) Thanks again !!!

I have been running HanKooks for 7 years, just replaced them with a new set because they had been in service for 7 years, During that period I have I driver over 50,000 miles without a single issue.  I've' driven thru the desert in temperatures of 120 degrees and mountainous snow covered road and never was unhappy with their performance.  The quality of the ride was equal or better than that of the Michelin's that they replaced and a **** of a lot cheaper.

Jim

Jim.  What size tires do you run?  There's nothing wrong with Hankook's....most of our friends in Europe and Australia, run them or Continental.

4 hours ago, manholt said:

Jim.  What size tires do you run?  There's nothing wrong with Hankook's....most of our friends in Europe and Australia, run them or Continental.

275 /70 /22.5  The ones I  just took off were their A11 they have been replaces with A37

Jim

In 2017 I replaced all 6 of the Goodyears  on my MH with Sailun 275/70R22.5 LR H S637 all-position tires. My final bill was $1,380; that included spin balancing all 6, and old tire disposal fees.

Sailun truck tires are made in Vietnam to the same standards as Michelin truck tires.