robh

FMCA Classifieds

24 minutes ago, robh said:

From the lack of response It would appear that leadership does not monitor this forum. Leaves me asking again why the “FMCA Feedback” forum exists. 

Keep in mind that the FMCA employee that monitored the forum content has left FMCA. With the large reduction in staff that FMCA has had over the past year, it will take time and increased membership to get back to normal.

36 minutes ago, rossboyer said:

Keep in mind that the FMCA employee that monitored the forum content has left FMCA. With the large reduction in staff that FMCA has had over the past year, it will take time and increased membership to get back to normal.

We're not talking about monitoring all the various forums here - just the one for FMCA feedback. Should take someone in the admin office about 5 minutes a week given how few postings there are in this forum.

37 years in a customer service career taught me that listening to your customers is of utmost importance. Every once in a while there will be a valuable piece of information you can use or problems you can address before they get out of hand. 

I would argue that the best way to increase membership is getting all of us singing the praises of belonging to FMCA. There has to be communication with the membership beyond a magazine and offers to sell products or renewals to accomplish this. Frankly I joined for the assist program. I have since found there is a lot of value having access to these forums, especially for technical issues. I’m not sure it’s enough to convince others to join.

I have to agree that someone on staff should be monitoring this forum, appears it’s done for Facebook and other socials.

Dan Ball, FMCA employee, who every once in awhile looked at the forum, no longer works for FMCA. His replacement, Arron White probably has to much on his plate right now to monitor the feedback thread.Give him time to get adjusted

19 minutes ago, dons2346 said:

Dan Ball, FMCA employee, who every once in awhile looked at the forum, no longer works for FMCA. His replacement, Arron White probably has to much on his plate right now to monitor the feedback thread.Give him time to get adjusted

As you are in the know about what is going on at the office why don't you give them a heads up? 

Bill

21 minutes ago, dons2346 said:

This is the first I'm hearing about this. Was there an announcement in the magazine or somewhere? Seems like Dan had a pretty high-profile role in FMCA and that if he left and was replaced it might be something that members should learn about.

On 1/30/2021 at 10:32 AM, hermanmullins said:

robh, since you seem to be fixated on classifieds on the Forum here are the Forum Rules.

robh, Herman is the FMCA moderator, he responded to you on the same day as your post, then again the next day with a copy of the FMCA rule regarding classifieds. I for one am glad that classifieds are not allowed here. As mentioned by others, if anyone wants classifieds, then they can go to the FMCA magazine and post and look all they like. Hope that you don't become offended but a forum does not need classified IMHO. Glad you are on board and hope that you can get many helpful answers to your questions, and can be helpful to others as we all try to do.😀

kaypsmith

I am also glad classifieds are not in the forums and did not suggest they should be. Not sure how else to say it but I am not suggesting any type of advertisement whatsoever in the forums, period! My comment was directed to FMCA on a forum titled FMCA feedback. The original message was regarding something I thought might be beneficial to members and FMCA and was intended for FMCA staff. Appears a staff change might have resulted in the monitoring of this page falling through the cracks. If not then this page should be shut down.

As to the magazine, if you wanted to place an add the deadline has already closed for the March issue. 

It cost nothing to make another sub-form to allow members to discuss items wanted for purchase, or items for sale, or items for free;  such as Escapees and IRV2 provides for their members,  as also a few other RV forums that I visit..  In fact one of the little to  non used forums now existing here now could be renamed for such a purpose.  Its all in house for members use only.  Allow no personal contact information for public view.  All personal contact information for members only.   One would need to join the forum to contact listing member for information via PM.

I notice that several of the now existing forums have garnered less that a couple hundred replies with one having only garnered only 3 topics with a total of 13 replies for all three topics.   How is that serving the interest of the members?   The waste of forum space could perhaps be better utilized for members interest.  A forum not being used is a useless forum and does not serve the members interest.  I would be interested in a forum where members could list wanted, for sale and free items.    I am sure it would garner more than 3 topics and 13 replies.

Think "the powers to be" have an interest in improving the forum for the members interests?  👀

To place any thing in the Family Rving Magazine you must have you information in to the magazine three (3) months in advance.

I you are in a hurry to get your RV on the market might I suggest RVTrader.com. It take less than a day to get it on their website and it go to a zip code and nation wide. There is also Crags List which is more local cost nothing but is also open to scammers.

Herman

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

To place any thing in the Family Rving Magazine you must have you information in to the magazine three (3) months in advance.

I you are in a hurry to get your RV on the market might I suggest RVTrader.com. It take less than a day to get it on their website and it go to a zip code and nation wide. There is also Crags List which is more local cost nothing but is also open to scammers.

Herman

The fact that the ads in Family RVing are largely now filled with corporate ads and rarely any RVs for sale might be an indicator that they are not meeting the needs of members wishing to advertise coaches or trailers for sale. I used to read them all the time, but not any more since they rarely have any private ads listing things for sale or wanted.

Craigslist and RVTrader are open to the public, so they couldn't offer the degree of screening that a membership organization like FMCA can provide to its members. One huge advantage that FMCA has is the ability to keep things like classified ads limited to FMCA members only. It may not be something that our leadership would support, but it certainly seems like something which should at least be presented at he appropriate time.

I'm still unsure why there is a forum titled FMCA Feedback if there is not an established path for the comments here to be viewed by FMCA leadership.

9 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Richard,  if you go to the Forum home page in the first section  "FMCA" The second item has, in its description "FMCA Feedback " 

Herman 

Precisely my point. The thread you're responding to is in the FMCA Feedback forum. Here's what the top of this forum reads, and it's really hard to understand how a forum can exist like this on the FMCA Forums if it's not being actively monitored by someone in leadership. It clearly is asking for feedback on ways to improve. If no one is monitoring these posts it's nothing more than an effort to placate members and not a real effort to obtain feedback.

FMCA Feedback

FMCA Feedback

We welcome comments and questions about FMCA, including feedback on how we can improve or what we are doing well.

I have read this whole post again.  IMHO, there are 100% valid comments. That under "normal circumstances", would have been acted upon by upper management.  

"Normal" operation of any endeavor, left 12 months ago!  Thanks in part to Covid 19, FUD (Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt), cut in Staff (anybody's guess as to why) and work from home! There is no certainty that FMCA will ever be the same as it was in 2019!

As for Dons2346, Herman, Ross and Joe, their as frustrated as I am!  Please don't shot the messengers!

Edited by manholt

Hello everyone, my name is Aaron White and I have recently become the Membership Director.  FMCA does offer a classified section for the members in the monthly publication of Family RVing.  The forums has been a place where members can discuss things related to the RV lifestyle, it was never intended to be a platform for sales.  I appreciate the feedback from the members and robh I will pass your ideas onto the decision makers for consideration.  Thank you all for your patience in my response to this topic.

If a For Sale section is added, I think it should not allow replies. Only personal emails to the original poster for additional information etc. 

2 hours ago, awhite said:

Hello everyone, my name is Aaron White and I have recently become the Membership Director. 

Congratulations on your new job. Welcome to the forum. 

Bill

3 hours ago, awhite said:

Hello everyone, my name is Aaron White and I have recently become the Membership Director.

Welcome!