kramster7

Air Bags

We are thinking about trading in our Fleetwood Southwind, we are looking at a Tiffin Allegro Red 33 AA, my problem is we have a steep driveway and I need to lift the rear end up to get up and down the driveway without dragging, has anybody had any experience with using Airbags to lift rear end, specially a diesel pusher.

Mark

Can you enter/exit your driveway at an angle instead of straight in? This usually allows you more room to avoid dragging. What is the angle of your driveway and is the street level, if you don't know the use of a free phone app is the solution. Then it's a simple matter of geometry to calculate how much the rear of the MH must be raised. Some folks have built-up the low point with boards enough to enter/exit without interference.

There are some MH's that have the feature to over-inflate the air springs, or so I've read.

RayIN, I have that on mine, its by HWH.  Standard ride height, lower, raise.  I can also dip it to make it easier for a person to enter,  all part of my air level in the event that I can't use Jacks!  I use the raise quite often at Fuel stops and steep driveways.  Not cheap!

Mark,  I would make my approach in your drive at an angle, as Ray said, since the Red is a DP, your rear overhang is shorter than a gasser.  Measure the rear overhang of your Southwind and then get the same for the Red33...Also, I suspect you have 22.5" rims and bigger tires on the Red, that will make a difference in your angle of approach. :)

Is your Southwind gas or diesel? As stated many other times, more info about your current coach will yield better answers about your questions.