C-852252

BBeware of unavailable benefits

Beware of unavailable benefits. The FMCA travel insurance is currently useless because of the pandemic. There is a pandemic exclusion within the policy. When my husband passed away and we were out of state I tried to use this benefit. I was told there are currently no benefits available and about the pandemic exclusion within the policy. The timing of finding this out could not have been more horrific.

Unbelievable! (I believe you, just the benefits part that is unbelievable.

So sorry for your loss!

Edited by jleamont

Sad, I'm sorry for your loss. Since that exclusion is not anywhere on the FMCAassist webpage, I would call Mr. Bell at FMCA HQ  and ask him questions concerning this exclusion and what others are not found on the FMCA website.

Edited by rayin

On 2/6/2021 at 6:03 PM, rossboyer said:

I think you mean Dan Ball, but he is no longer employed at FMCA. Try Aaron White. 

I did not know of that, thanks for the correction.

A lot of dishonest company's are hiding behind the covid excuse 

if this  one is call them out and let us all know 

I spoke with Aaron white this morning. The pandemic exclusion is only for pandemic related incidences. So because my husband died from Covid, I was not covered. If the death was from a different reason it would’ve been covered. He said he would be putting something together and members should be notified of this at my request.

Did he actually die of Covid?  There are a great many deaths attributed to Covid that are not Covid, but long standing prior health issues.  However, once contracting Covid, the death was put in the Covid pile.  As Rush says...."follow the money."

I really only care about the Lady's loss, not how!  🙏 Prayer for the family and 🙏 for strength in this time of sorrow to the wife!  RIP

We have all sent our condolences to the Lady. I am going to close this out of respect to her.

Thank you all for caring.🙏

Herman

(If you think I should reopen it send me a PM)