garmp

Gulpha Gorge Campground, AR

Question

Would like to stop at Gulpha Gorge, just outside of Hot Springs, AR, on our way home from Grand Isle SP, LA and wondering what the odds of getting a site for a Friday & Saturday first full week of May. They do not take reservations and we really liked the park when we were there several years ago. Or do you think our odds would be better if we tried for Sat & Sun. Just can't get there before Friday.

Any thoughts or predictions? Or also plan for an alternative location, just in case? And that would be where?

5 answers to this question

You can also try Catherine's Landing RV Resort or Downtown Little Rock RV park. As stated Cloud Nine.  We have stayed at all three.

If you pull up a google map of the area/city and in the Google search line put int "RV Parks" without the quotes it will show you all the RV parks for that area.

Another way is to go to "campgroundreviews.com" and look at the area you want to be in.

3 minutes ago, wayne77590 said:

You can also try Catherine's Landing RV Resort or Downtown Little Rock RV park. As stated Cloud Nine.  We have stayed at all three.

Yes, I have stayed at Catherine's but much prefer Downtown Riverside RV Park. https://downtownriversidervpark.com/

It is run by the city and is Pass Port America. I didn't recommend them before because they are a 60 mile run to Hot Springs.

Bill

On 2/18/2021 at 9:50 AM, wildebill308 said:

Yes, I have stayed at Catherine's but much prefer Downtown Riverside RV Park. https://downtownriversidervpark.com/

It is run by the city and is Pass Port America. I didn't recommend them before because they are a 60 mile run to Hot Springs.

Bill

We stayed there two weeks ago, they are no longer Passport.  But still very reasonable.

9 minutes ago, five said:

We stayed there two weeks ago, they are no longer Passport.  But still very reasonable.

I like it because it is a good first stop going that direction from home, same coming back. 

Bill