Sign in to follow this  
rfsod48

Road side assistance plans

I need to renew my roadside assistance plan, I currently have FMCA. What are you using, which do you consider best?

thanks in advance,

Roland

I just renewed my FMCA Roadside Assistance for another year. Many different companies provide similar plans, but some of those really don’t understand RV’ers. 

Just remember when you call and don’t get the response you expect or the person talking to doesn’t seem to know what you really need, hang up and call again. Probably, you will get a different person. There are 2,000 different people answering calls like yours. Many are operating from home and don’t have the speedy resources to handle your issue. 

Also, download the complete FMCA Roadside Assistance contract/policy so that you can read exactly what is covered and what is not. 

I use Good Sam ERS Platinum Plus, it gives more and better coverage.   There are many levels of ERS programs and it is important to get the right one for your needs.  Several people are surprised when they need service to learn they bought the cheapest plan and it did not cover their need.  I do not buy a plan based on its price BUT on its coverage.

4 hours ago, rossboyer said:

I just renewed my FMCA Roadside Assistance for another year. Many different companies provide similar plans, but some of those really don’t understand RV’ers. 

Just remember when you call and don’t get the response you expect or the person talking to doesn’t seem to know what you really need, hang up and call again. Probably, you will get a different person. There are 2,000 different people answering calls like yours. Many are operating from home and don’t have the speedy resources to handle your issue. 

Also, download the complete FMCA Roadside Assistance contract/policy so that you can read exactly what is covered and what is not. 

If I may add, reading the contract also reminds the reader of the proper procedures in the contract. I followed the procedures in the contract, after-the-fact ,and was promptly reimbursed for the claim.