rlbarkleyii

Change Coolant Cummins ISB

Need to change coolant on 02' Journey with Cummins ISB, need to find out how to insure I get the air out of the system because of the added equipment, hot water heater,  the length of the vehicle, act,. to prevent airlock and prevent damage to engine. Exactly what is the drain process, drain locations, and burp procedure for this coach?

When I had my ISB I didn't have a problem with trapped air but trapped old coolant or water  used to flush out the system. My process was on the last flush to use distilled water. Then after draining all you could, knowing there was still some in the system. Find out what the capacity is and fill with 50% non diluted coolant. (providing you want the standard 50/50 mix.) Then top off with distilled water.  This will take into account the water trapped in the system. I had to fill the expansion tank a couple times as air blead out but it was pretty ease.

Bill  

20 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

When I had my ISB I didn't have a problem with trapped air but trapped old coolant or water  used to flush out the system. My process was on the last flush to use distilled water. Then after draining all you could, knowing there was still some in the system. Find out what the capacity is and fill with 50% non diluted coolant. (providing you want the standard 50/50 mix.) Then top off with distilled water.  This will take into account the water trapped in the system. I had to fill the expansion tank a couple times as air blead out but it was pretty ease.

Bill  

Thanks Bill, The last Time this was done it was about five years ago and I paid a dealer to do it. $$$$. Money is getting funny nowadays, decided to do it myself. You Texas guys plan on coming up here to Perry this year?

2 hours ago, rlbarkleyii said:

Thanks Bill, The last Time this was done it was about five years ago and I paid a dealer to do it. $$$$. Money is getting funny nowadays, decided to do it myself. You Texas guys plan on coming up here to Perry this year?

Any time. The key is to not use the pre diluted or you won't git a 50/50 mix.

I don't think we will make Perry this year, May be going to Wyoming. Come on along.

Bill