wakury

New tires and TPMS system

I'M  looking to buy 6 new tires for my 2016 Winnebago Tribute 27B and a TPMS system..   The current tires have 24,000 miles and were manufactured in 2014.  There isn't any sign of unusual wear or cracking, but we are taking a 6,000 mile trip to Vegas from Florida.  Then onto Aspen, Iowa, Michigan and Ohio.  Then back to Florida.  The tires are 245/R70 19.5.  Which brand and type are recommended and which TPMS system is recommended without breaking the bank on both items.

Asking for tire brand recommendations is kind of like asking for oil brand suggestions - one of those things that are very subjective.

To me, any of the top-tier tire brands are going to serve you well. Personally I prefer the Firestone offerings, but there are others who will never buy Firestone. Michelin remains popular, but they are pricey. Goodyear, Hankook, and a few other top-tier brands make tires in your size.

I've been using the TireMinder TPMS system and like it. They have good customer support in my experience and so far I have not had difficulties.

I go with Richard on the TPMS, had it on my previous coach!

Due to your length, weight of coach and 19.5", I would go with Kelly or BFG's!  I used Kelly on all my coaches from 1978 to 1998. 

Firestone has a $2,000 special for 6 tires including mounting, balancing, old tire disposal, valve stem replacement and shipping to a participating dealer.  245/70R19.5 Wanli S3074.  Max load range  H 16ply.  Single load of 4540 @ 110 lbs   My current Goodyear tires run  are G with a  single load max of 4540 @110lbs.  The Winnebago sticker recommends running at 82 lbs cold.  Should I consider the Firestone tire.?  It's not a Firestone, it is a Wanli tire.  Has anyone ever heard of them?

Edited by wakury

I've read so many reviews in the past few years and to be honest they don't hold as much weight for me as they used to. Seems like a fairly new player on the US market, at least in this part of the country. Better than user reviews, I tend to look for longevity and track record of performance, number of recalls, etc.

Lots of good top-tier brands out there with competitive pricing on 19.5" tires. I'd feel much more comfortable driving on tires with a reputation behind them.

I've decided to go with Toyo tires.  Glen's in Melbourne Fl. will install them for $2200 total.  They're also going to give me my weight on all 4 corners and do a front end alignment if necessary.  Current tire wear is good across the front, so I don't expect to have a front end alignment.  Thanks for all the input.

One major advantage of "top tier" tires is ease of service if any issues develop.

My personal preference in TireTraker with their lifetime warranty. Link on my blog shows $289 for 4 sensor and extra sensors at $35.

Unlike Amazon, Walmart or eBay they even know what an RV is. They are usually at FMCA Conventions too.

I cover how I set and how to test TPMS on my blog.

Note I get no commission from them. The ad is placed by the owner of the blog site RVTravel.com