daydream37

What Hankook tire is good for a F53, 255/70r 22.5 RV

My Michelin's have started cracking and I am looking at Hankook AH37's for my Newmar Bay Star. I believe the AH37's that Hankook makes are the best choice for an RV (ride, handling, etc.). 

I am in the central Florida area (I-4 Corridor) and I am wondering if anyone has had experience with the Hankook dealers and which you would recommend. Thank you in advance.

Hi, I am currently in the process of getting Hankook AH 35's, using the FMCA discount program. 3 month's later I am fed up!! I registered my CC with Hankook, got quotes and ordered tires. After numerous calls to the dealer, AND the regional manager, I have received no tires and no estimate of arrival time! If I don't hear from either one by tomorrow, (3/5/21), I am pulling the plug! And I just renewed my membership in FMCA....Sheesh!

Bet if you go to a local, established, trusted heavy truck tire dealer you can get your Hankooks at nearly as good a price -- right away or within days. 

On 3/3/2021 at 7:34 PM, daydream37 said:

My Michelin's have started cracking and I am looking at Hankook AH37's for my Newmar Bay Star. I believe the AH37's that Hankook makes are the best choice for an RV (ride, handling, etc.). 

I am in the central Florida area (I-4 Corridor) and I am wondering if anyone has had experience with the Hankook dealers and which you would recommend. Thank you in advance.

I see nothing wrong with your tire selection but wonder when did you do or see a direct comparison of different brand tires on an RV?  I have yet to see the results of any such comparison done under controlled test situation.  Even I can still learn.

9 hours ago, tireman9 said:

I have yet to see the results of any such comparison done under controlled test situation.

I think that would be a fun comparison. But what RV to use?   

Bill

2 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

I think that would be a fun comparison. But what RV to use?   

Bill

Well many people do not realize that almost every car sold today includes tire comparison tests as part of the development process so to do the evaluation and development properly each Motorhome model. ( Different chassis  would definitely need a special tire evaluation but most other changes would not be considered significant unless there was some significant change in tire load distribution.)

When it comes to RV's, I think most of us that have other brands over Michelins, are based on  personal reason, price, ride, experience!  A coach tire IMHO should be safe for 6-7 years, but when the sidewall start getting cracks at 4.5 to 5.5 years, you start looking at other brands!

Price does not equal a good, consistent coach tire.  As for brand, I hate paying for their advertising!  My coach is heavy and it runs on 365/80/22.5, Spartan K3 Chassis, Cummins 600, 12.5 Kw generator, 200 gal fuel tank and 145 gal fresh water...weight when  loaded for travel around 60,000 pounds + toad.  The coach has Nov. 2017 Michelins and I'm keeping an eye on them.

I'll probably get new tires (Hankook or Kelly or TOYO) before we go to Alaska this summer.  Why those brands?  I've had them before!

My guess is that coach brands, get a very cheap deal, from Michelin for running their tire!