symens

Where is coalescing Filter on ISC 8.3L 380 Engine on 2013 Phaeton

My Cummings Engine Manual specifies a coalescing filter CV5060300.  That is a mistake.  The part should be CV50603.  That part is obsolete and has been replaced by CV50628.  I finally got through all of that, but now I do not know where to find that filter on my engine.  Hopefully some one has  picture or a great description of the location.

It’s located under a portion of the valve cover. On a pusher it’s on the end closest to the transmission. The cover should separate on models equipped so you do not have to remove the entire valve cover. Very common filter to have been forgotten about. 

thank you jleamont.  It is right where you said it would be.  That one has never been replaced on my coach and it has 59K miles on  the engine.  I had it into a Cummins service center for oil change and lube service several times and they did not replace it.  And at one location in SC they even removed that floor access panel which allows the visibility to that filter when they replaced the leaking radiator overflow/recovery tank.  I wonder what happens when this this filter is not serviced when needed.

2 hours ago, symens said:

I wonder what happens when this this filter is not serviced when needed.

It can cause the engine to require more frequent parked regens when not serviced on a regular basis. It does have a bypass valve on it but I have seen those clog and wreak havoc on the engine and cause oil leaks due to excessive crankcase pressure.