brjk

Charging system on Monarch Class A

Are you wanting to charge chassis and house batteries off of your generator? Or off of the alternator of your coach while it is running? Will be helpful with more info about your coach. year and model, gas or diesel. Welcome to the forum, hope that you get the info that you need here.

On my 04 Holiday Rambler Endeavor I replace the TROMBETTA solenoid that is in the battery compartment with a COLE HERSEE 48530 Smart  Battery Isolator 200 AMP.  The COLE HERSEE Smarti Isolator is a bi-directional device that will automatically tie the house and chassis battery banks together to ensure that either bank can be charges from either the battery charger or the chassis alternator. It also will automatically separate the 2 banks when both charging circuits are unavailable before the chassis batteries discharge to a low level that would be prevent starting the chassis engine,

The COLE HERSEE solenoid installation require to changes to the existing wiring.. 

I made this change over 9 years ago and has worked great.  I just replace replaced my 6V coach batteries (Interstate Golf cart Deep Cycle) after being in service over 7 years. I also have a residential refrigerator running off of my coach batteries.

Jim