Vistadrive

Retail Benefit?

The only discounts that I know about are for the FMCA Partners. There are some campgrounds, tires, lithium batteries, PassPort America, etc. You can look at all of them online at FMCA.com. Open Member Benefits to review. I have checked into campgrounds that offer Good Sam discount. I ask if they do the same for FMCA. I have always gotten the discount. 

I have membership with both, and have no regrets for either. I like getting the camping world discounts at CW instore, and since the 10% is offered at most campgrounds for GS, I just don't bother to ask for another. FMCA has a variety of benefits that CW doesn't offer, therefore I like both. And welcome to the forum!

Vistadrive.  Welcome!

There is no "One or the other!"   You'll find that most of FMCA members also have Good Sam.  I've had both for 54+ years now!  I don't do Camping World anymore, but my wife does.

I have GS, FMCA, Passport America (PPA), AARP, TACO (Texas Association of Campground Owners), and I think a few more that I don't remember.  Wherever I am I use the on that gives me the best bang for the buck!

I usually ask if they have discounts and when they mention one I haven't mentioned, I'll say, "Oh yes, I do have that one!" Then I go digging for it.

I think that the comparison is apples to oranges. Good Sam is connected to (part of) Camping World, which is a retail for-profit company. To me it's kind of like buying a discount card at any large retailer which happens to also have some other discounts from other companies. In my opinion the reason Good Sam exists is to help Camping World sell stuff. 

FMCA is a membership organization which has negotiated discount programs with various vendors for its members. But, selling stuff isn't the primary focus of FMCA.