Sign in to follow this  
rstradling

FMCA RV Ins - Progressive Ins. bad claim experience

I put a claim into Progressive RV ins. (I bought it thru FMCA, I have had nothing but good experience with FMCA up until this). They took forever, over a month to come out an see the issue. Once they did come out the adjustor quickly told me it was denied. I asked about appeal and he snapped at me, was extremely rude and short. Said this is not like Homeowners insurance and that you people all say the same thing... whatever that means. I guess we are all stupid other then him. He was rude and condescending the whole conversation, which since I was in my car my wife heard as well. Clearly from the beginning his mind was made up to deny the claim. Will be changing insurance company ASAP. Be sure to ask about what is covered when they call it water damage. Progressive will not pay anything if they mention water damage. I don't know if any other ins. company would have paid or not, but customer service is something I thought I paid my premium for... just saying

Water damage is usually equated to maintenance or the roof and window caulking and seals.  They will generally not pay on maintenance related items.

Sorry about the problems.

Ken

Wow! I have been with progressive for over a decade. In 2015 a hail storm damaged out roof on our 2008. Progressive never even balked and paid out $19,000 for a new roof. In 2017 we lost that 2008 to Hurricane Harvey. It was totaled. Progressive paid me what I paid for it..no depreciation. I may pay a little more for premiums but it is well worth it.

I highly recommend Progressive Insurance.

Now for some enlightenment..There is a clause in their policy that states the frequency of checking the motorhome. In storage I had mice or something get in and eat some water lines. Had I not gone to my storage unit every two weeks and checked on my MH the claim would have been denied. Because of my diligence they paid for the repairs. So, make sure you read the entire policy and understand it,

Edited by wayne77590
Spelling