On a few motorhomes I have seen a bracket specifically made to attach the FMCA plastic member plaque to the rear ladder in a manner where it does not interfere with climbing the ladder. I do not see this in the FMCA store. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Don

Are there other means of attaching the bracket? Don't want to drill holes in the coach or put 'sticky' residue' on the placque. thanks for posting the web site for the separate bracket. I've seen many attached high on the coach - any idea how they do it?

Guest Wayne77590

I'm a cheap skate. I just used a nylon zip tie on a rung, tied between the upright rails. For the front, I got a couple suction cups with hooks (at Hobby Lobby) and put it in the lower corner of the passenger side windshield.

Actually, I was/am on the road and I do plan on getting the brackets when I get stationary for awhile.

I use double stick tape, works great. In a few years there may be a fading of the paint, but since I plan to keep my FMCA membership as long as I own the coach (or any RV for that matter) I see no harm in that.

Double stick tape stickum comes off readily with Goo-Gone or (preferably) 3M adhesive remover with no harmful effects.

:rolleyes: thanks for all the good ideas - my hubby thought of another one some may be interested in - photo attached. He removed two of the screws in the bottom step of the ladder, drilled two new holes in plastic ID plate, then screwed them back into the existing holes. He may have used different screws, but I think he just reused what was there.

post-220-0-28064300-1305720000_thumb.jpe

Nifty, huh?

On a few motorhomes I have seen a bracket specifically made to attach the FMCA plastic member plaque to the rear ladder in a manner where it does not interfere with climbing the ladder. I do not see this in the FMCA store. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Don

I used a roll of flexible metal that's used for plumbing or automotive repair. It already has holes in it for the bolts to go through and is flexible enough to bend around the ladder, but thick enough so vibration shouldn't cause it to break. Cost $1.99 at my local hardware.

Finding space on the back of a Roadtrek is tough. I finally mounted it on the lower half of the continental tire kit cover by drilling two holes through the fiberglass cover and attaching with small stainless steel nuts & bolts. I haven't decided what to do about the front, but maybe I'll just throw it on the dash if someone wants to see it.

Take your plaque to a company like Fast sign. Have them make you decals. They can make them to stick to both the inside of the windshield and ones that will adhere to the outside.

Mine looks great. I even had a small one made to go on my tow vehicle.

Herman

I used a couple of electrical conduit teardrop fittings. snug one to the rail on one side of the ladder and the other on will snap into place. just pull and one side will snap open and the plate will swing out of the way Will take and post some pictures later.