AndrewM

Seeking Advise on our 1st RV

I joined FMCA before buying our 1st RV to be a more knowledgeable buyer.  We are trying to work with a $150k budget for a slightly used Diesel Class A of about 38'.  By reading RV Insider  reviews (we are risk adverse) we are going to stay away from numerous brands such as Thor and Fleetwood and focus on Holiday Rambler, Monaco, Tiffin, and Newmar.  I am starting to focus on 4-5 year old Holiday Ramblers at dealers with strong reviews and BBB ratings.  Is this a good choice ?   Are extended Warranties of value.  A close friend is a mechanic and long time RV'er and will assist/ inspect the RV with us.  Any advise and recommendations are welcomed !!  Thank You in Advance.  Andy (Nashville, TN)

Edited by AndrewM
typo

Welcome to the forum. It is a good plan to be better informed when shopping for a RV.  Something that may be as important is the dealer you work with. 

Bill

Andrew, Welcome to the Forum.

There are a number of locations to look for motorhomes. Try these two.

Motorhomes of Texas  motorhomesof texas.com

PPL     pplmotorhomes.com

They ae both upstanding companies but are both in Texas.

Again Welcome

Herman

We self insure, no extended warranty in 54 years and 18 coaches!  Goes for all vehicles we own.  EW wants $4-6k, I put it into a brokerage account...