supersquid571

Maintenance for a Monaco Diplomat

I am a non-RVer...don't know how to drive one, don't know how to maintain one.  Through a recent death in the family, I am suddenly responsible for a Monaco Diplomat. with a Cummins diesel engine.  My first goal is simply to find out what kind of maintenance needs to be done (monthly or otherwise).  If anybody lives in Virginia, that would be super helpful, as that is where the RV is currently garaged.

Supersquid, You could help the members by posting Year of the Coach.

This is the best way to get the. best information. How long has the unit been in storage and was the unit winterized, before being placed in storage ?

Also !  Was the oil changed before being placed in storage. Once we know this then the members can offer a set of possible starting  points.

Has the Coach been connected to shore power all the time it has been in storage ? 

Rich.

Be advsised that if it's 2002 through 2006, the current owners of the Monaco line, REV, cannot provide technical assistance.  The word is truckloads of technical manuals and data were lost in the procdss of REV buying Monaco.  I've gotten splattered on that barrier myself.  I own an 2006 Monaco.  Not even my very high-voltage, multi-state, Freightliner and Cummins dealer service facility could get anything out of them.

As d&l intimatded, getting hold of serice records is extremely advantageous to knowing what's needed now.   If there's a manual on board, it may be that the previous owner used the sectoin in the back for recording maintenance tasks.