randylinda875

Does anyone have a YouTube of changing a thermistor in a Norcold N822RT

Last Thermistor I changed in a Norcold was just a matter of shutting off the power to the fridge, remove the old one and plug in the new one and clip it into place..

Ken

What Ken said.

Mark where the present one is and start from there. It slides up and down for warmer/colder (don't remember which way for one or the other).

Sometimes those things have a way of getting bumped or vibrated and slid. Try moving it to the location where it is to be colder and see what happens.

Ken, is it up or down for colder?

Edited by wayne77590

6 hours ago, randylinda875 said:

I have a Norcold N822RT that is warming up. My research says it is the thermistor. Does anyone have a YouTube on the replacement of that item?

Looks like it has been well covered. Just want to say welcome to the forum.

Bill

5 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

What Ken said.

Mark where the present one is and start from there. It slides up and down for warmer/colder (don't remember which way for one or the other).

Sometimes those things have a way of getting bumped or vibrated and slid. Try moving it to the location where it is to be colder and see what happens.

Ken, is it up or down for colder?

I have had a residential too long and don't remember.  But one fin to the left is colder.

Ken

Alll advice is correct. Norcold says the same things. To further explain; up/down is supposedly the fine adjustment, moving one fin at a time left is coarse adjustment. The main thing is to make sure there is no corrosion between fin and retaining clip, when continuity is lost the thermister cannot function. If the thermister goes bad it causes the control board to switch  to default mode =constant cooling at maximum rate. Norcold N82x service manual: http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf

Testing a Norcold thermister: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wpoBcACzZQ

Edited by rayin

The  clip is a spring-tension fit, simply pull it off the fin and clean off the corrosion with fine emory-paper so it makes goon contact to transmit temperature.

2 hours ago, rayin said:

The  clip is a spring-tension fit, simply pull it off the fin and clean off the corrosion with fine emory-paper so it makes goon contact to transmit temperature.

Ray that is great advise it probably should be part of annual maintence just so you have a good contact.

Bill