Sign in to follow this  
capndan77

Dump Valve Cleanliness

Trying to keep the dump valve area clean and dry in the coach compartment was always an unpleasant chore. Even though I used rags to wipe small drips and spills, I was left with an unsanitary damp rag to deal with. Throwing them away was not the economical answer nor was leaving them in the compartment. I found a simple and inexpensive answer to clean up. A plastic paper towel holder mounted horizontally or vertically in the dump compartment put paper towels handy, dry and available to clean up spills. The paper towels are easily discarded at the dump stations when done emptying the tanks. The paper towel holders are as little as a $1 at your favorite dollar store. More substantial holders are also available but still at only a few dollars for even the sturdiest. Toss in a small bottle of hand sanitizer and clean ups are a breeze and safe.

I keep a small plastic bowl under the drain pipe so that drips end up in the bowl. A little bit will evaporate away and when the bowl gets to looking too disgusting I rinse it out and toss the water down the drain pipe. If I have a big accident I'll grab the paper towels.