Scott89128

Refrigerator replacement, 2002 country coach magma ,

Hi, have a 2002 country coach magma. Original refrigerator is a dometic 1492. Refrigerator needs to be replaced.  
seems very expensive to replace with the new model dometic 1350.

anyone have any advice on what residential fridge will work?

Scott,

Welcome to the Forum.

I replaced our Nevercool 1200 with a Samsung RF19. It fit fine in the hole but extends out about 3". Not a big issue. It is plugged into a 110 volt plug from the inverter so it is powered all the time. Also the Samsung works well on either Modified or Pure Sine Wave Inverters.

Again welcome,

Herman

Edited by hermanmullins

Yes, but it took a lot of measuring. I took everything off of the Samsung, doors, drawers and hinges. Then I made a very light weight wooden frame the exact size as the stripped down refrigerator. then I tried it through the door. I had to remove the passengers chair and the TV (it protruded about an inch and a half too much) and took the top strap of the door loose so it would fold all the way open. After I found that it would fit my three sons and myself put it through the door. 

Let me say that we have  an Aqua Hot system and there wasn't a propane furnace below my unit and I was able to put the Samsung down at floor level. 

Hope this helps,

Herman 

Edited by hermanmullins

Welcome to the forum. I would do a lot of measuring.  I wanted to do that switch with a Samsung on my last RV but it was 3" to tall to fit. I ended up with a smaller Sears unit. Just make shure it will fit before you buy it.:D

I didn't have all the help Herman had so I had the sears delivery guys set it inside.( I told them it was a RV beforehand) They had to take the door's off but it went in pretty good. 

My old coach was a Bounder 38N.

Bill

Scott, We have a 2002 Monaco Dynasty. If you will notice many of the members of the Forum have their coach information under their signature. My is there also.

Herman

Scott89128, I just want to add this. You can get the dimensions for your current refrigerator from their website and outher are listed in adds online.

Bill

Scott, If you have the smaller entry door like that of the Intrigue, a Samsung will not go thru the door. I had to remove all the doors off the refer and bring it in thru the window over the couch in the slide. The window, frame and all had to be removed but no issues doing so.

Scott, one thing to add with getting the new one in and the old one out. Many-Many times people seem to take the hard approach. Flip up an emergency window and pass them through. If it has to go through a window try that before removing a window the hard way. 

I recently purchased an 02 Magna that has a Samsung refrigerator installed to replace the Country Coach installed original.  I was told by the previous owner that the passenger side front windshield had to be removed to provide access for the installation of the big Samsung.
We really like the Samsung, particularly the space it allows for all the goodies.  However, if you like to boondock, be aware that the Samsung is power hungry.  I have found my 2-8D AGM batteries are barely sufficient to power the house and the refrigerator overnight.  Because of this I’ll soon be upgrading my house batteries to 4-8d’s.  Obviously, this isn’t a concern if you’re  plugged into shore power.  
I especially love the big Samsung ice maker come happy hour!!

Happy Trails!

6D8BF960-B7FD-4C16-8004-D80EEFC14AE3.jpeg

25 minutes ago, twolanes said:

be aware that the Samsung is power hungry.

Not all Samsungs are power hungry, mine is 8 years old now and it was rated at 3.8 maximum amps. How many is called in the inside sticker on yours?

I for sure would not remove a windshield. It could be broken on reinstall costing a few more bucks. If the doors are removed from a RF18 or 197, they can go in thru a window if the entire window, frame and all are removed. Much easier to seal up than a windshield.

If worried about power usage, the refer can be turned off at night. We have gone almost two days without power to the refer because of a faulty transfer switch.  Everythig was still frozen and the refer portion was still within safe temp limits

1 hour ago, kaypsmith said:

How many is called in the inside sticker on yours?

Unfortunately my coach is in the shop for another 2-3 weeks, so at the moment I can’t answer your question.  But I’m now curious and I’ll post back once I have it back home.  However, even at 3.8a @120v that’s still a pretty substantial 456 watts.

9 hours ago, twolanes said:

Unfortunately my coach is in the shop for another 2-3 weeks, so at the moment I can’t answer your question.  But I’m now curious and I’ll post back once I have it back home.  However, even at 3.8a @120v that’s still a pretty substantial 456 watts.

Welcome to the forum. Keep in mind that is probably "max" draw. Once it cools down it shuts off. It only runes enough to maintain temps.

Bill

Our in house fridge & Freezer gave up the ghost 5 months ago....everywhere we looked, there was none in stock and delivery was 2-3 months out.  Instead of Amazon, I went on line to Alibaba (Amazon's biggest competitor) and ordered a 4 door fridge by Whirlpool 29 cu. ft.....$435 less than here and delivered to house in 4 days!!! 😃 Almost all brands are now owned by China! 🤬