GREG@270KSI.COM

roadmaster s bags and shocks

Just purchased a 2004 Safari Panther with S chassis. Promptly drove it from Texas to home in Washington. Yesterday noticed it is not airing up the drivers side when going to travel mode. Assume it is the left rear axle leveling valve. Will raise and dump manually. I'm pretty mechanical and used to own trucks, so used to doing my own work. 

Anyway, wondering if anyone can tell me where to find part numbers for bags and shocks so I can purchase them before attacking the leveling valve. I would like to do it all at once while I have the wheels off.

Greg

If it is the same air bag as the other Monaco S-Series chassis the OEM air springs will be a Firestone W01-358-8897.  Earlier model Monaco chassis used two different air springs, one with a 1/4" NPT port (W01-358-9376) and one with a 3/4" NPT port (W01-358-8897).  Around 2000/2001 era they merely started using the 3/4 NPT (W01-358-8897) air spring and a 3/4" NPT to 1/4" NPT reducer.  Most of the ones I have seen are of this design.  I used Contitech (made by Continental) on our Dynasty when I replaced them, part # AS8897.  We use the Contitech on all of our OTR trucks at work and they are a good quality air spring.

If you are needing to buy them and these are the part #'s that you need, I have two (2) brand new Contitech AS8897 still in the box that I would sell for what I paid for them a couple of months ago.  If interested shoot me a PM and I can send you some pictures.

I also have a full description of how I replaced mine over on irv2.com.  Here is a link.  My air spring replacement started with post # 1265.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/mods-upgrades-to-our-2003-dynasty-237276-91.html

Mike

Mike, I want to welcome you to the forum. 

I have seen some of your projects and I am just a little jealous of all the toys you have in your shop.:D 

Bill

11 minutes ago, wildebill308 said:

Mike, I want to welcome you to the forum. 

I have seen some of your projects and I am just a little jealous of all the toys you have in your shop.:D 

Bill

Thank you Bill.  I don't know why I haven't posted here before now.

I appreciate the comments.

Mike

19 hours ago, zmotorsports said:

Thank you Bill.  I don't know why I haven't posted here before now.

I appreciate the comments.

Mike

Mike, Welcome! I believe we have had conversation on Facebook and if its the Mike I am thinking of I have watched your YouTube videos. 

Mike, welcome!

Just saw your You Tub, all of them!  Wish I had 10% of your talent...very impressive!

Wish you would come back on Forum often...

5 hours ago, jleamont said:

Mike, Welcome! I believe we have had conversation on Facebook and if its the Mike I am thinking of I have watched your YouTube videos. 

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Mike, welcome!

Just saw your You Tub, all of them!  Wish I had 10% of your talent...very impressive!

Wish you would come back on Forum often...

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

Mike

On 5/20/2021 at 5:35 AM, zmotorsports said:

If it is the same air bag as the other Monaco S-Series chassis the OEM air springs will be a Firestone W01-358-8897.  Earlier model Monaco chassis used two different air springs, one with a 1/4" NPT port (W01-358-9376) and one with a 3/4" NPT port (W01-358-8897).  Around 2000/2001 era they merely started using the 3/4 NPT (W01-358-8897) air spring and a 3/4" NPT to 1/4" NPT reducer.  Most of the ones I have seen are of this design.  I used Contitech (made by Continental) on our Dynasty when I replaced them, part # AS8897.  We use the Contitech on all of our OTR trucks at work and they are a good quality air spring.

If you are needing to buy them and these are the part #'s that you need, I have two (2) brand new Contitech AS8897 still in the box that I would sell for what I paid for them a couple of months ago.  If interested shoot me a PM and I can send you some pictures.

I also have a full description of how I replaced mine over on irv2.com.  Here is a link.  My air spring replacement started with post # 1265.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/mods-upgrades-to-our-2003-dynasty-237276-91.html

Mike

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to checking out your post and will get back to you on the bags. I'm figuring the bags and shocks are on the agenda in the near future. I posted something else today on irv2 about setting ride height. Would value your feedback on that, too.

Greg

Greg. 

I would guess that 20% of the members on this Forum, also go to irv2 and other Forums.  If you start a post here and get a solution  on an other Forum, how will that help those who look for an answer here?  Same would apply in reverse, as not all RV'ers is a FMCA member!

As for your ride height, enter it under "Search" in top right of this page....I can assure you it is here! :)

Thanks for that, Manholt.

FYI, I found that I had a bad coil on the travel solenoid valve on the six pack. I am also developing a leak when in auto-level mode that is driving me nuts. I replaced the coil and am getting ready to go through the six pack all to re-seal the valves to the body. I have a feeling the airbags are going to have to wait until the fall.

I found the info on the ride height, but something isn't adding up. I posted about it here yesterday. 

2004 Safari Panther travel mode ride height. - iRV2 Forums

Greg

I got them online from NW RV Supply in Eugene, OR. $9.95 each kit.

www.nwrvsupply.com

I got an email they were being drop shipped directly from HWH.

Part # RAP6554 -  HWH O-Ring Kit For Six Valve Assembly Manifold

17 hours ago, manholt said:

I read the irv2 post...

Thanks for feedback.

I may have misinterpreted your first comment and thought that you were asking me to link to the answer I got elsewhere. I'm pretty new on these forums and don't know the rules yet. 

On 5/23/2021 at 5:02 PM, GREG@270KSI.COM said:

I got them online from NW RV Supply in Eugene, OR. $9.95 each kit.

www.nwrvsupply.com

I got an email they were being drop shipped directly from HWH.

Part # RAP6554 -  HWH O-Ring Kit For Six Valve Assembly Manifold

By the way. I did order these seal kits which were supposed to be drop shipped from HWH. I never got them. Couldn't get tracking info from either party. I was told by NW RV Supply that I could cancel the order and send them it back and they would refund my money. Now I just have to figure out how to send it back if I don't get it in the first place. :).

I'm in a death spin on this. 

BTW, HWH said I could order directly from them. But, I've had other issues to deal with since then. 

In 2012 we were contemplating buying a Safari Panther, I found the Yahoo Safari Owners group invaluable. I have no idea what ever happened to the group.

On 6/20/2021 at 7:25 PM, rayin said:

In 2012 we were contemplating buying a Safari Panther, I found the Yahoo Safari Owners group invaluable. I have no idea what ever happened to the group.

The 2003 and 2004 Panthers are made by Monaco and are almost identical to the Dynasty. Only real difference is engine (C-12 505 CAT) and mid-entry door.

We've been through quite the adventure in the last few months, getting the suspension up to snuff, which I've detailed in the thread listed below.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f24/2004-safari-panther-travel-mode-ride-height-537921.html