Hello, new to all of this, just purchased a 40’ Entegra, we want to head West (from Atlanta, Ga) out to Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and maybe Yosemite parks. 

Can anyone suggest a trip planning service? We wanted to leave in a couple of week (mid-May) to avoid summer season and heat.

Thank you in advance, safe travels to all!

Most folks use online resources to check the route (RV Trip Wizard) and campground reviews.  I am afraid that you will have a hard time obtaining campsites on such short notice.  With the big boom in RVs, campsites have become a premium items and most are booked weeks out for popular destination spots and especially weekends and holidays.

Best of luck on the trip.

Ken

Paul, Welcome to the Forum.

Ken is correct about park being full. My suggestion is to first map out your route, how you would like to go. Then map out 200 to 250 miles per day. Then check out what there is to see and visit along the way. I  used to go full out everyday to get to the destination. We missed a lot along the way. Now when on a leisure trip we will stay two nights in a location. Spend the night, see the sights and spend the night, then move on to the next stop. Many times it may take two or three day to see every thing. Don't be in a rush, stop and smell the roses.

campgroundreviews.com is a good source of campground information.

Now go enjoy your Entegra and again Welcome.

Herman 

Paulpieroni@yahoo.com, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new Entegra. 

Yes I agree the sooner you go the better. Things will get hectic after school is out. Have you scouted a rout? I would take I-20 to Birmingham then I-22 to Memphis to pick up I-40 west That will take you to Williams AZ. 

I agree with Herman, don't overdo it on 200-300 miles is a long day especially starting out with a new/new to you RV. It can be more stressful till you get more use to it.  I have found that you will average 50 miles a hour not counting breaks /lunch. So 300 miles is 6 hours driving more like 8 with breaks/lunch. I NEVER like to arrive/set up after dark. 

Here are some tools to help you plan your trip. RV Parky is a good tool to find places to stay and plan routs. http://www.rvparky.com/
Gas Buddy You can down load it from your app store. Find cheap gas and you can record your gas/fuel expenses. You can look ahead and see what the prices are where you are headed . It helps plan fuel stops. I would try to get a EFS diesel discount card before you leave.
RV park reviews is a good tool to see what other people think about a place. http://www.rvparkreviews.com/
NPS you can look up things to see/points of interest. https://www.nps.gov/index.htm
You can also see what campgrounds are available in the different parks.   
Also look at getting a pass and if you are 62 or older definitely get a Senior Pass it is a $100.00 Lifetime pass that covers everyone in your car. https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/passes.htm
 You may have to wait till you get to your first park they have a great way to record the parks you have ben to. It is called a Passport, you buy it in the visitor’s center, it kind of looks like a Passport but you add stickers and stamp the date and time you were at the park.  
One other thing you need is get a Passport America discount card. This is a tool to help campgrounds fill empty spots during the week or slow times. Each campground sets the time and discount but most times it is 50% and some places 3-4 days.
We saved about $450.00 last year. I think I got my $44.00 back. http://www.passport-america.com/
For navigation, I highly recommend CoPilot. We have used it for several years and it does a great job. The big benefit is you can down load maps when you have Wi-Fi and it doesn’t use data. I have it on the phones and on my tablet. The tablet gives a bigger picture to see and follow. 
I like Yelp when on the road to see what places there are and to get reviews, see menus. Who wants to drive 2000 miles to eat the same fast food stuff you have at home.
Oh Ranger, is a park locater for those hidden gems like Antelope Island in the grate Salt Lake.
Rest Stops, is a good app. You might look at the apps for all the big truck stops Pilot Flying J, Loves, or get the ALLSTAYS Big Truck Stops. 

Any questions let me know.

Bill

On 5/4/2021 at 10:33 AM, wildebill308 said:

I would take I-20 to Birmingham then I-22 to Memphis to pick up I-40 west That will take you to Williams AZ. 

You should plan to take I-240 around the south side of Memphis and cross the river on I-55. The I-40 bridge is closed...for a long time. They found a crack in it a few days ago.

Stay on I-20 to Ft. Worth, Texas, then Hwy 287 to Amarillo, I-40 to Wilson,  AZ and Grand Canyon....you can also get off I-40 in Flagstaff, AZ and take Hwy 89 to Kanab, UT and do Bryce NP, Zion NP, North Rim Grand Canyon!  Then take Hwy 89 to I-15 to Hwy 20, it goes to West Yellowstone!

Edited by manholt

9 hours ago, biertab said:

I am planning a trip to Branson, Mo. in October 2023. Can you help?

Welcome to the forum.

No because You didn't give enough information.

Bill

13 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

Welcome to the forum.

No because You didn't give enough information.

Bill

yes, exactly.  please provide more info so we can help you with your trip:

where are you coming from? how much time will you spend there?  what are you driving (motorhome, TT, 5TH wheel)? who's with you (just yourself, spouse, kids)?  what do you like to do (shopping, national parks, ziplining, wine tasting, bowling, etc.).  

19 hours ago, desertdeals69 said:

It looked like he was planning this trip some time ago.

The one I replied to was Monday this is Thursday?

Bill