elkhartjim

Covid Card Lamination

I recently received an email from FMCA with a coupon from Office Depot for a free lamination of the Covid card. CDC is telling us to not laminate it because it will be used to record future vaccines. I noticed when I got my card there were additional spaces for future procedures to be recorded. They went on to say you will need to get a replacement card and the kicker is you will need to obtain the replacement card from the original location you received the vaccinations. This could be problematic, especially for fulltime rvers who received their injection at their winter park location. 

It would be hard for me because it was a temporary location. I bet they come up with a card to show any new shots.

Good to see you on.

Bill

Make a copy of your card. Laminate it to carry it with you. Put the original in a safe spot for future need. You might write on the back of the copy where you put the original before you laminate it.🤔

Herman 

Amazing how quickly we went from a nation of free people to full fledged government subjects.

Today it was announced a fall booster shot is likely needed. I'll not be laminating my shot record, just as I didn't laminate my shot card record in the military, which BTW had over 20 shots recorded  including BCT and POR for RVN.

We did the same as Jim S.  Figured that if they will ever allow us to travel outside the country again (kind of like USSR) we'll need the original with our passport....mine expires in 2023, Linda is 2027.

Mike, well said.

Herman, there's a reason for having a Bank box!  There's also a real good reason for keeping important papers and cash in your coach freezer, not the safe! :P

On 5/7/2021 at 5:31 PM, chindog said:

Amazing how quickly we went from a nation of free people to full fledged government subjects.

AMEN, 

It starts Monday! Covid card for International and domestic travel.  I have lived in America for 68 years, been a US Citizen for 61 years and I like it here!!!

2 hours ago, manholt said:

It starts Monday! Covid card for International and domestic travel.  I have lived in America for 68 years, been a US Citizen for 61 years and I like it here!!!

Not quite. Does not apply to domestic travel. Unless you have information to support what you're saying let's not make it worse than it is.

Here's a quote from a news story on the issue: 

Any foreign national who travels to the US must be fully vaccinated, though there remains no vaccination requirement for American citizens traveling via air, either globally or domestically. The White House said earlier in the day that a vaccine requirement for domestic travel remained on the table as an option for the future.

either way, they can stick it,, if your scared, stay home, I plan to keep living my life the way I have for 65 years,, free, I have had the cflu, lived through it,, like 99.9 % of everyone else,, don't believe all the hype about all the deaths from this, ALL LIES,, THE GOVERNMENT LIES,  FOUCI IS A LIAR, MASKS DON'T WORK, READ THE BOX, IT TELLS YOU RIGHT ON THE SIDE,, 

I was shocked when I first heard Walter Williams ask "Who owns your body?".  At the time, he was talking about whether you should be able to sell your kidneys.  But the same concept holds true today concerning what is forced into your body.  Does anyone or any government hold ownership of you to be able to do that?

The first vaccinations required for schoolchildren were in 1855. Many others have been added since.

When I was sent to kindergarten in 1967 my mother had to take me for my vaccinations before they'd complete enrollment.

When I joined the Army in 1981 there was an entire battery of vaccinations I was required to take if I wanted to get past the intake phase of basic training.

When I attended college there were required vaccinations. 

When I worked in summer camps to earn my way through college TB testing was required for employment.

When people travel to certain foreign countries there are required vaccinations.

Why, suddenly, is it such a huge deal when another vaccination comes on the scene? I just don't get what has everyone so upset with the testing and vaccinations for Covid-19. It's not like we haven't been down this road before. We have. We survived. We moved past it.

Even more so, I don't see how this conversation is helping any of us enjoy our motor homes, vans, and travel trailers any more. Any chance we can get back to those conversations?

Edited by richard5933

57 minutes ago, richard5933 said:

Why, suddenly, is it such a huge deal when another vaccination comes on the scene? I just don't get what has everyone so upset with the testing and vaccinations for Covid-19. It's not like we haven't been down this road before. We have. We survived. We moved past it.

Simple, I know longer trust our government, its spokespeople, the media or the drug companies. 

I've been reprimanded already for my comments on the open border between the US and Mexico but I'll repeat, its ok to wade across the Rio Grande River into Texas, given money and transportation to unknown cities yet don't fly in to the US from South Africa. The state of Texas has documented illegal crossings form almost 200 countries so far and those are just those apprehended. 

I have a solution for you Richard, don't read this topic. We Texans are in the trenches spending millions of dollars weekly trying to protect our country. How much is your state contributing to the border crisis. Yep, regardless of what you hear from the talking heads, it's a crisis. 

1 hour ago, richard5933 said:

Even more so, I don't see how this conversation is helping any of us enjoy our motor homes, vans, and travel trailers any more.

Perhaps the fact that this forum is under the heading, General Discussion, should indicate to you that some issues outher than how to make smores might show up.

Back to the problem with laminated cards. I took my card with me when I got my booster at the local VA before I left town. They just put the stickers over the plastic. Seams to be working.

Like Jim I have questions as to why some things are going on. Why is the current government talking about people should ware mask all the time. talking about Mandatory shots. Yet they  are letting tens of thousands no MILLIONS of illegal's all untested un vetted un vaccinated people to come into this country and move about freely. 

Bill

I have traveled far and wide with my 23 years military service. Yep, boot camp was at lleast 6,  if not more, vaccinations and as stated, schools and other agencies required vaccination as I grew up.  Throughout my military career I was vaccinated against various diseases many times. Even had to carry a "yellow" card showing all the vaccinations, and I did have to use it on occasion going into foreign countries.

My wife and I were talking and the item of masks came up and it was regarding that throughout the years we have come down with colds or flu like symptoms, but in 2020 we wore mask as was asked of us.  Neither one of us got a cold or the flu, or COVID. So how would you read that?

I started physical therapy today for my rotator cuff recovery. Having had two ACL reconstruction, two knees replace, two rotator cuffs repaired and no the second right one repaired again. I know all the therapists.  The one I had today had covid, as did her husband but not her 5 year old daughter.  Working for a major hospital she was required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. She said that when she contracted COVID it was like a mild allergy attack.

Isn't it strange that the majority of deaths from COVID in the hospital are people who have not been vaccinated? 

Military boot camp has 9 vaccines that are required. There are 8 more that one can get depending on the risk and occupation. No ands, ifs, or buts. Service members can request to opt out of a mandatory vaccination on health, administrative or religious grounds. These exemptions can be temporary or permanent.

One of the former Physical Therapists, with a PHD in Physical Therapy will not get the vaccine. They were "let go," went to another hospital and the same thing, "let go."  No working for a private PT company and most likely at a much reduced salary.

I've been injected so many times with vaccines over my 80 years that I could probably classify as a porcupine. Last vaccine I received was for COVID-19 and the booster to go along with them two first shots. Did it affect me, or my wife? Nope, but when you see me get up out of a chair you'll know I'm 80 years old!

p.s., Spent 3 years in Japan. Many times during those three years we would see Japanese people walking around with masks on, just a few here and there.  Were they protecting themselves or others around them. Never asked on, but I'd say it was because they had the sniffles and didn't want to spread the sniffles.  Just MHO.

Edited by wayne77590
p.s.

Regarding the lamination. When we got our two shots I had no idea that the cards were not supposed to be laminated, so I laminated ours.  When I got my booster shot the filled out another card for me.  I'll not laminate this one.

I carry a photo in my phone of both cards, Linda has the same. The original is in our Passport and we also have copy's. We where told, don't laminate!

Same for us - we were told not to laminate the originals so they are in our lock box/fire safe.

We both carry laminated copies, but we also have the digital version with the QR code which can be scanned by anyone that needs the details. The QR code digital cards can usually be added to your smartphone easily. Find the QR code for doing this on your medical provider's website.

No QR code on my provider's website. I have the CDC card and where the QR code would go is a little square with slanted lines and CDC forefront. I did take a picture of it

After careful examination and navigation of their system I found the QR code.

Thanks Richard.

Edited by wayne77590