dons2346

Sticker Shock

The DW has been planning and plotting our round trip to Gillette and got sticker shock when making reservations. What was $35 last trip is now $75 and some are pushing  over $80. Guess they are trying to make up for last year

Supply and demand and demand is up. So many finding out it is cheaper to full time in a MH then pay mortgage, taxes and insurance premiums. We are going WAY north this summer and I already have made reservations. Many places I was lucky to get in and this was for July..yep..prices are way up.

I made my reservations way before New Years.  Most are reasonable.  I guess  I made them before they went up in price.

Where and which parks in particular are you seeing this increase? 

We were planning to go to the Gillett area last summer but cancelled due to Covid. Most of our reservations were in the $75-80 range for a FHU pullthru in SD, Colorado,  Wyoming. The cheapest might have been $65. 

I expect to see a lot of Wally-dockers this summer as a result of everything increasing in price this year. Last I heard Cracker Barrel eliminated over-nighting for RV;s, we may still park and eat and rest when store is open. That may not be true, just what I was told.

Ray, Cracker Barrel has filed for Bankruptcy protection...along with another 100, like IHOP!

I have found any where from $45 to $70 (10% off for GS), between Cortez, CO. to Gillette.  I don't see an increase yet, but suspect I will as we head for UPMI later this summer....Our Alaska trip got canceled, not by Canada, by our POTUS! 

So so strange that 300 people can get on a plane and fly internationally, but RV'ers and car drivers can't cross the border. Just doesn't seem realistic.

Might be the different areas we are traveling in this year, but the prices do seem higher.

Edited by wayne77590

Wayne, it depends on the country your flying to.  Norway is closed.  Sweden is open.  It also depends on your Nationality and the reason for leaving.  If your American it's not a matter of buying a plane ticket and leave!  You need a viable reason and it's constantly changing!

We want to fly over to Sweden and stay with my cousin for a week, he's my age and the only living relative that I still have there!  Not a viable reason per US Customs & CDC!  My only aunt died in March and the funeral was March 26th, got the same response! 🤬

On 5/10/2021 at 9:20 PM, manholt said:

Ray, Cracker Barrel has filed for Bankruptcy protection...along with another 100, like IHOP!

I have found any where from $45 to $70 (10% off for GS), between Cortez, CO. to Gillette.  I don't see an increase yet, but suspect I will as we head for UPMI later this summer....Our Alaska trip got canceled, not by Canada, by our POTUS! 

When did Cracker Barrel file for bankruptcy?  I can't find anything about that; and even their investor press releases don't mention it.