Sign in to follow this  
eric@babin.com

MICRO-AIR THERMOSTAT REVIEW

Coach: 2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD w/ 3 rooftop Colemans and AquaHot 450D

**Will update once they either fix the issue, don't fix the issue, or I get tired of waiting**

We were having an issue where our thermostat RVComfort.zc would just stop working... push any button and nothing would happen... not even the background light.  We'd have to completely power down everything including batteries to reset it. 

So, I decided the Micro-Air Easy Touch RV Thermostat might be good for us.   

I liked it because it allows you to monitor your inside temperature, and adjust from anywhere via your phone using their app.  (some models also include outdoor temp via matching up with local weather app but ours did not) This is great if you have pets and leave them in there when you run errands etc)

The good: Works via bluetooth if you are in your coach, or wifi if elsewhere.  Looks great. VERY easy to install. "Plug and play".

The bad: To change zones via the thermostat is difficult. The zone selection numbers are very very tiny, and my fingers are not. I found it easier to grab my phone use change zones that way.  HERE IS THE REALLY BAD:  The current model does NOT WORK with AquaHot.  It is a known problem and they say they are testing a fix right now and we should receive an updated working version soon.  We'll see.  

If I don't have a working replacement by June 1 I guess I'll be asking for a refund and return the unit.

Summary: If you don't have AquaHot it's a pretty neat thermostat allowing you to monitor and change your RV thermostat settings from anywhere, as long as you have good wifi at your coach.  If you have AquaHot I'd hold off until they figure this thing out.

Link to product: https://www.microair.net/products/easytouch-rv-thermostat?variant=32199143555156

Below are pictures of old and new.

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

Edited by eric@babin.com

Automatic Generator Start.  You should have it, when the batteries get to low from inverter when traveling the AGS kicks in and re charges the batteries, when they are full it kicks off.  Same if your in a RV Park on 50/30 amp and there is a loss of power, the Generator starts up, until power comes on....just like a generator system for a house!

Look in your owners manual.

Edited by manholt

On 5/15/2021 at 8:16 PM, manholt said:

Automatic Generator Start.  You should have it, when the batteries get to low from inverter when traveling the AGS kicks in and re charges the batteries, when they are full it kicks off.  Same if your in a RV Park on 50/30 amp and there is a loss of power, the Generator starts up, until power comes on....just like a generator system for a house!

Look in your owners manual.

ah... yes... we have that but never use it.  So, not sure it'd be a big deal if the Micro-air didn't work with it.  

Eric, look at it this way:  Power goes off, nothing will work and it will drain your start and house batteries.