Sign in to follow this  
dpbart16

2002 TRAVEL SUPREME SELECT 500 HP CUMMINGS

Looking at what looks likes a garage kept RV.  Interior needs major update,  Cummings started like a charm.  Not sure which chassis it has but there was no rust.  81,000 miles.  What should I be paying attention to?   Outside was immaculate.  Only rust was inside the refrigerator (humor).  I would appreciate any comments good or bad.  Thanks!

dpbart, welcome to the Forum. 

The coach sounds like it was lived in more than traveled in. If you plan on redoing the inside you seem to have a blank canvas. 

Have all fluids changed and batteries checked out. Belts replaced and check dates on all tires.  Drive it to make sure all steering is sound.

Good luck,

Herman 

Welcome!

When you say inside needs major update, are you referring to modernizing it or is it trashed?   Chassis info you can get on line!  Entegra today is Travel Supreme after 2008 bankruptcy.  So you should not have any problems finding parts! 

On 5/17/2021 at 4:44 PM, hermanmullins said:

dpbart, welcome to the Forum. 

The coach sounds like it was lived in more than traveled in. If you plan on redoing the inside you seem to have a blank canvas. 

Have all fluids changed and batteries checked out. Belts replaced and check dates on all tires.  Drive it to make sure all steering is sound.

Good luck,

Herman 

I'll add transmission service.  The heavy duty truck folks I use told me mine had the original filter -- at almost 80,000 miles!  They showed me the fluid that came out.  Horrors. Apparently no damage -- obviously Murphy blinked.  I have a sense that if an RV hasn't been professionally serviced the transmisison may get overlooked. 

I'd have the transmission fluid tested before doing any service to it.  I have mine checked annually....get a report of all the chemicals/fluids that are in it.

I'm pretty sure Rich that they knew what was meant, but yep, happens all the time.  Same with fuel savings programs.